Thursday, March 13, 2008

Spring hopes.........eternal...

Invigoration. A new start. A clean slate. A better temperament.

Ya gotta love this timea year. The Kansas City Royals are "tied for first"… The cream is rising to the top in basketball.. Pallets and pallets of covered 50 lb bags of mulch tease and await us at Lowes, Home Depot, even the Piggly Wiggly.

Excitement's in the air – and it takes a positive effect in one's brain, from one's shoes. The look at regretting the past is gone – or at least stalled, replaced with "oh yes!" a better day is here, a better day is coming.

I don't know what folks in Hawaii, or Antarctica do during Spring – I think that'd be a tough one – or a nonrelevant one.. I'm glad I'm where I'm at. I'm glad the leaves fall off the trees every year here and sad brown prevails. We're turning a corner – and ain't it great to live life on a windy road versus a four lane interstate?

"I don’t wanna" turns to "I can’t wait." Even if our hopes, dreams, wants don't come to fruition – ain't just havin' 'em pretty damn cool?

I was driving home the other night after work, IN THE LIGHT. The combination of daylight savings and the 70 degree day made me wanna go shoot hoops… and I'm fitty-five. Stupid? Mebbe. I don't care, it was a good feel. Living. Breathing. Hopeful. Enjoying.

Tonight pep bands will play, kids will adorn themselves with a variety of colors of grease paint, fingernails will be bitten, crowds will rush the court – others will bury their heads in their laps as the emotional heartstrings are simply too much. Oh but to feel. Oh but to want. Oh but to hope.

I guess I could go for Hawaii. Wouldn't life be like Spring year round? Me don't thinks Antarctica would be good. How's that saying go? "There’s nothing worse than a sad rich man for he has no hope."

I'm right where I wanna be, at the right time – eyeballs ensconced on the world around. Bright eyed youth, pep-back-in-the-step old farts like me… a rush.. The Spring rush.

I love life. I am thankful for and love today. I can't wait for tomorrow. Spring hopes… eternally yours, Victurd.

No comments: