Sunday, March 23, 2008

Blackbird singing in the dead of the night…..

Went to Mickey-D’s this morn.. I think they got old folks coffee prices (fitty-five and up) but I didn’t ask. And I didn’t get ‘carded’. Read their free Sunday paper - wished I coulda had a smoke whilst doing so - all in all, a nice, relaxed, ‘me’ time.

Driving home - sweat to goodness, that song went thru my head. I would never karaoke, but I was singing aloud in the car as I drove - and I thought “ya know, Victor, that’s not bad - maybe you could karaoke this song.” Then I remember Maynard singing “Ring of Fire” (it wasn’t pretty) and saying “dad, I’ve got a nice singing voice - huh?” So I will for’er be a karaoke virgin.

Coincidentally - as I pulled in the drive - two blackbirds trying to beat the crap outta one another as they flew. I don’t think they were “you know”ing, it appeared to be full blows. Or full beaks. Into a tree they collapsed - more nipping. One was ‘yelling’. The female you think?

Do blackbirds marry? If so, do they fool around too? Howinthehell do they tell from afar if male/female? What, from their bird’s feet, makes one female blackbird more attractive than another? Bigger boobies? You can’t even see the butt hidden from under the wings.

Had he left the nest yesterday and just gotten home? Was he wanting amour and she beaked “no”? Could they be divorced and he was three months in arrears of “worm” support? Did their nest need improvement and he does little other than fly around? Had he overslept and missed the worm?

Take these broken wings and learn to fly…

Had they met on a live wire? (WHY doesn’t it kill ‘em?).. Are they prejudiced? Could a blackbird marry a redbird? What’s it like to be naked and fly? Imagine if bars had rules you hadta be naked - would kinda take the fun outta us preverts undressing with our eyes….

You were only waiting for this moment to arise

How long would the fight continue? Would she take up temporary residence at her mom’s nest? Would he attend to the babies still in the nest if she did? If he left ‘em unattended do they have a DFS-hotline for birds? Would a sparrow blow their whistle on him?

If they’re married and she’s gotta ring is she “Lucy in the sky with diamonds”? Does she have kaleidoscope eyes?

I’d love to be a bird and fly around naked all day looking at other naked birds. No taxes. No time clock. No $3.15 a gallon. No bill collectors. Bill biters, but no collectors. Move any GD where I wanted. Vacation in The Gulf all winter. I’d put up with her tweakin’ ma beak for all that.

All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise

Victor, you’re weird. (Input sign language here).

Ie, I just flipped you the bird.

I really do think I could karaoke that. You were only waiting for this moment to arise. What would you do if I sang out or tune - would you stand up and fly out on me?? Hoppy Easter. Love, Victurd

No comments: