Thursday, March 20, 2008

The real art of conversation

is not only to say the right thing at the right place, but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.

I have a desire to “nest”. Victor. You never were very artsy were you? Sorry, couldn’t help it, sometimes I blurt. Gets me in trouble – but can be a feel good.

Tis true though as one ages (Oh plllllease don’t give us that “listen to me sonny” shit – you’re fitty-five and you seemingly have the mentality of a 19 year old. )… ahem.. as one ages those sentences that usedta come out during the tempting moment – are swallowed – insteada blurted. We’re human, we fail, we err, but we also leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.

Changing the subject.. Victor, is this a way for you to say something at the tempting moment? Eh, mebbe. Might I ask.. (How can we stop you?).. true… might I ask – am I a weirdo or, do you other humans (who ain’t nesting) see another and think to yourself “hmmm, I’d liketa nest with her.” Or ‘he’ if u be female. I think that coulda/shoulda maybe gone unsaid. NO! I wanna know. DO YOU, single human beings (or hell even attached ones) see someone and think “man, I’d liketa nest with ___”?

Victor, I’m tempted at this moment to call you a horny old goat, but I’ll leave that unsaid. Oops, sorry.

Ah, it’s ok. I am what I am. We are what we are. We reap what we sow. (Ahm, sorry, the tempting moment provides – Victor, how longs it been since you “sow”ed?).. KMA, that shoulda gone unsaid.

Ok, outta here. Is today the first daya Spring or tomorrow? Dunno, but I sure am excited about it. This winter has been as long as a Baptist preacher’s sermon. That shoulda gone unsaid Victor. Well it’s true. You sit there, he talks. He takes forever and ever to get to one final thought. The butt, up agin’ them hardwood pews, getsta itchin. It’s like “come on, come on, we ain’t idiots – we know where you’re going – GET THERE.” Amen brother Ben.

Here’s to blurting, and not blurting. May you reap what you sow. May you have pleasant unsaid thoughts. May you nest with the best. Hope there’s Spring in your step. Hope u don’t step in no cow patties. (Misty – that was the comparison I used yesterday to our beloved Mary T’s “problems are just steppingstones to solutions.”.. “cow patties in the pasture.”)…

Interested in nesting – please call me at 867-5309. Come on, please? I got ridda dial up so I could await your call. Victor, you’re making an idiot out of yourself. Exposed. Eh, I don’t care – you said I’ve “got the mentality of a 19 year old.” Heaven knows they oh so wanna ‘sow’, ‘nest’. Aye yai yai, I give up. I’m glad you were tempted to say that, been wantin’ to get ridda you for a long time.

Happy Spring. Happy nesting. Here’s to NC-17 unsaid thoughts. Love, Victurd.

No comments: