Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Good Morning….

What's so good about it?

Victor, didn't you see that sunrise?

Sure, I see it every morning. I'm on the road while it's dark – and it changes over en route. No biggie.

Oh no Victor. To the contrary – each sunrise is unique, special. Another chance. Another gift. Another breath. Another smile.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. For me, it means "I’m on the way to work."

Again Victor. Do you remember the other day in the grocery store when you were behind that old man walking in – and it was a severe challenge for him just to walk?

Well yeah, I remember.

And you take the fact you’re gainfully (and healthfully) employed for granted?

Ok, I see where you're coming from. But I'm single, and it sucks – I want (when the right situation presents itself) to be with another.

A great wish. But don't let the day, today, pass without smiles. Not having will make having that more special. Allow those eyeballs to peer – often. Yes, in search of 'her', but along the way – take in the wonders of the world.

You mean like being outta cat food. Looking in the mirror and seeing I need a haircut and the pocketbook say 'huh uh, not today.'

Well… the cat food thing. You have two cats right?

Uh huh.

And at one time you had seven pets not long ago?

Yes.

So – it's a chore for you that you're two are still alive and that you must buy them food?

Well, when you present it like that, no, it's not a chore.

Did you pet them before you left?

I fed Jackson (Figaro attacks the bowl after his 'big brother' is done.).

DID YOU PET THEM?

Well, when I woke up, Jackson was hogging the bed, and yes, I petted him then.

As you were leaving though, no pets?

Nah.

For shame. An animal's life is 1/7th of ours – all the more reason to dote on the time we have with them. Tomorrow – RIGHT before you leave for work – dote.

Alright alright, I will.

And the haircut thing.

Yes?

Isn't it amazing the gift some have with their hands?

I guess I never really looked at it like that.

You enjoy writing, you're so-so at it. A baby gift maybe.

Thanks – but what are you getting at?

Find the positive of everything. A pain in the ass shipment at work – hey, stop and have a fun moment with those you deal with be it by phone or email. Shed good light.

I try that, I really do.

You said in a blog recently you were going to attempt to talk to more strangers.. .done that?

Actually, I have, and it’s been pretty cool, I'll admit. Yesterday, this old man gets outta a cool little red sport’s car – and I told him "pretty car".. he smiled and said "thanks."

You're onto something! Well done. For every down thought/moment, plant the seeds of two positive ones. Soon you'll be living in a forest of fun, enrichment.

Are you like telling me I need to go to church?

No, I never said that – but, you know, it might not be a bad addition to your current lifestyle.

What about when life's "the worst" and all I wanna do is nap – maybe suck on a quart of beer and be off in my own little zone.

Immerse yourself in music then. Pull out pictures of yesteryear – things, people that were important to you. Close your eyes and revisit your favorite spots, times. Attend them again.

You sound pretty wise. Whothehell are you?

I'm everyone Victor.

Huh?

We all have the potential inside of us to live a grand life – it's our choosing, and our making. I'm in everyone's brain. Some people live life never discovering me – and I have to admit it gets pretty rough for me being there. But the ones that DO get it – what a blast it is to hitchhike and see all that they see.. Dream all they dream.. Be thankful for all they’re thankful.

Ok. I'm positive I'll try to be more positive. How's that?

It ain't bad Victor, it ain't bad. Thanks for the yap, and have a.. no wait.. make it a great day.

Backatcha mister, lemme hold the door for you. Adios. Love, Victurd.

No comments: