Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The five minute take of our life……..

Local fella – 59, heart attack the other day. Gone, quickly. Like a wildfire – all attention placed on that man as word spread from North to South, East to West, friend to friend.

This gentleman’s synopsis was a good one. We’ve all been in those situations where we stop and reflect once someone is gone. Sometimes we think very very good thoughts – perhaps other times not so.

As we live today – I reckon this tells us we should be concerned with what’s said during our five minute take.

Preaching? No, remember, I’m here ‘for me’ – and any hitchhikers are welcome. I do care what my five minute take will be like. I pray I will not have stepped on toes, not let friends/loved ones down, and not talked about B to C, and C to B.

I hope, for us all, it’s a long, long time before all thoughts are conjured up in summation of our life – our five minute take. Damnit. I guess that means we must behave for awhile longer.

Have a great day – and should you see someone without a smile – ask ‘em “what the hell’s up with that?”

Love, Victurd

No comments: