Friday, March 21, 2008

Have a good cry…

Crying is an interesting phenomena.. We are 99.9% of the time in control of our person, our mouth, our speech, our thoughts… but when crying – something else takes over. Oh it’s always been in there insidea us – but when we cry – seems there’s no controlling…..

A very, very, very, very close young man to me ‘outta the blue’ began crying in the car the other day. He’s 22, isn’t on the receiving end of his mother’s love. He doesn’t have a lot of control over that – thus the outta control crying. This was a painful kinda crying to watch – and certainly more painful for him to have.

Ms. America winning… (Crying outta control as if havin’ an organism with her clothes on.)

Watching your grandson hit a home run.. – teary, but not dreary..

Running to the door to meet a loved one you haven’t seen in ages… them’r good cries.

Crying is all about “it means so much to me.”… We can’t express that feel any other way. We can orate, ain’t the same. We can use body motions, hand directives/signals – nope – there’s nothing like the cry.

We come into the world crying – and usually when we leave the world it makes others cry. Inbetween all that – we’re faced with a multitude of ‘good cries’ and ‘bad cries.’

The only other time (from my observances) one is kinda ‘outta control’ functionally – is during “you know.” So, shouldn’t crying be considered heavenly?

Charles Dickens said “It open the lungs, washes the countenance, exercises the eyes, and softens down the temper, so cry away.”

Anon: “Tears are like rain. They loosen up our soil so we can grow in
different directions."

“Tears are the footprints our face makes as we go through life.” (Me!)…

Think back to your tears. They were because you really really cared about someone and something hurt (or felt REAL good). That person you cared about mighta even been you. Tis cool I think to care about yourself.

Not sure I ever understood “crying shame.” There’s no shame in crying. And when I thinka ‘shame’ I thinka anger mebbe?...

The tracks of my tears. Our tears. Life’s tears. It’s a rollercoaster out here. Funny such emotional feel – resulted by crying – finds us on both ends of the spectrum.

People say I'm the life of the party
Because I tell a joke or two
Although I might be laughing loud and hearty
Deep inside I'm blue
So take a good look at my face
You'll see my smile looks out of place
If you look closer, it's easy to trace
The tracks of my tears..

Ahm, no. The above ain’t how I feel, at present. Just like the song. Likes the lyrics.. Likes the point of it. Tracks of my tears. What our lives are about. Footprints of feel, emotion. How we control outta control. Perty damn cool.

Ok, all done. Nope, don’t need that Kleenex. I be AOK. A toast to the cry – especially the good ones.. May goings on in your life feed happy tears for your eyes.. Love, Victurd.

No comments: