Friday, December 29, 2017

Oh well.....

I can't help about the shape I'm in
I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin
But don't ask me what I think of you
I might not give the answer that you want me to

Now when I talk to God you know he understands
He said stick by me and I'll be your guidin' hand
But don't ask me what I think of you
I might not give the answer that you want me to

Who's Peter Green? In 1967, Peter Green left the band "Bluesbreakers" and formed Fleetwood Mac, later wrote Oh Well. (Originally called "Peter Greens Fleetwood Mac featuring Jeremy Spencer.") This was pre Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham. Green kinda weirded out, by 1970 he'd doted on LSD, grew a beard, wore robes and a crucifix,went to a commune, wouldn't leave, left the band. Oh well.

As a kid, I played this song, album, over and over and over again. Oh well. Ain't that kinda like life? Ground Hog Day? Christmas, Summer, Winter, any year, any morning?

Oh Well part one was fast, electric blues with vocal.. Part II, the B side, was entirely different - an instrumental piece with a classical influence.

I loved both.

"Oh well", verbally, not necessarily the lyrics - is kinda sorta - my take on life.

It was recently suggested I write too much about the past. Also, at times I've had difficulty accepting constructive criticism. CAN'T YOU PEOPLE SEE I'M A PPPPEEEOOOPPPPLLLE PERSON?!!!. Just kidding. Oh well.

Victor, this is weird, boring. Yeah, mebbe to you, but not me.

To me, "Oh well" is in lieu of Xanax, Valium, Buspar, Prozac, Paxil, Wellbutrin, Buproban, Meditation, vacation on the French Riviera - instead, all condensed into two words, oh well.

Took second place? Had a decent job interview but didn't get the job? Studied your hiney off for days on that all critical 'final' only to score an 83? Royals lose. Chiefs lose. It's Monday?..............

Oh well.

In a hurry, every light - upon approach, turns yellow.

Paid the final bill of the month... logged into the bank website. Uh oh.

Oh well.

Both said "Until Death Do I Part" but one forgot that part and Parted anyways?

Oh well, Part 1.

Both said "Until Death Do I Part" but one forgot that part and Parted anyways?

Oh well, Part II.

Life lends everyone those falling off the cliff moments. Grasp as we may.. pinch ourselves "Is this a dream?"... them there moments happen. Whatta ya do? Wet the bed? Go pee in someone else's Corn Flakes? Fire the GM? Burn all your Chief's clothing? Move to Costa Rica? Self medicate?

I much prefer the "Oh well", deep breath method.

To me, Oh Well lifts the chin, restores faith, pushes one that very much needed next step. Bill Buckner has made quite a few bucks off interviews about the routine ground ball that rolled thru his legs in the 10th inning and ended Game 6 of the World Series. The last I could find on MLB Umpire retirement pay shows Don Denkinger making $104,000 a year. Lin Elliot, at the time, was the Chiefs 2nd most accurate field goal kicker.

Don't worry, be happy, bird poop - oh well.

In every life we have some trouble, but when we worry we make it double. Stepped in doggy do. Oh well.

Why me? Why NOT me? Oh well.

Fitting, Fleetwood Mac named the Album "Then Play On" in 1969. Oops, there we go talking about yesterday again...

Oh well.

Trust me, I completely understand reading about the past, all the time, gets old. That said, I've loved my past. And my now. Why God selected me as the only survivor of my/our nuclear family to continue on, I'll never know. Mention of yesterday brings my family back to life and I certainly don't apologize for same.

Love, Victurd

No comments: