Friday, December 08, 2017

DIY........

This will be an abbreviated blog. ("THANK GOODNESS" they rejoice!)

Hubba hubba. Hurry. C'mon... No time left for you.

For the two of you that read this blog, apologies for yesterday, I was admittedly grumpy. Sorry. Kinda. Never understood why they say "Get it offa my chest" when in actuality it's "Get it outta my brain", done, said. Victor, that was grumpy. Sorry. Kinda.

As I did abbreviated research as to why we shorten things nowadays, why we are in sucha hurry... I got grumpy again. Tailgaters. Patooey. You know the feeling. There's a car on Interstate in the right lane going under the speed limit, you're in the left lane passing, and from 7 miles back allofasudden comes this dude who is soon inches from your bumper. Close enough you can see his nose hair. You know, Trailers for sale or rent, King of the road.

Me no likey this, that. So..... sometimes I slow down, then I remember road rage - and the fact that maybe the Air Force forgot to turn in the paperwork on the guy that went mental and purchased a gun anywho - so, I continue to pass... then take my molasses time moving from the left lane to the right lane so King of the Road can get around. Frustrates King so, you can see his nose hairs twitching.

Whatintheheck does this have to do with abbreviation? ITYNA (I thought you'd never ask, thanks).... We be in a hurry nowadays. Why, I ain't go the foggiest - but we are. Lines frustrate. Speed limits restrict (most). We gradjugate from HS or College and want/expect a job making boo koo bucks right away. SMH. My son used to text me that (about this and that) and I hadn't the foggiest. Finally looked it up, "Shaking my head."

Just the other day, a friend typed LOL and told me they'd never typed that. Me neither. Me no likey it (personally), others, have at.

Eighth grade. Eighth grade is an interesting age. You're caught somewhere between sandbox and Masters and Johnson. Your body is growing, changing, and usually the brain don't keep up. Victor, what's this got to do with abbreviation? GYA. Glad you asked. In 8th grade, circa 1966, why, I don't know - but the catchword (abbreviation) was "COC", as in 'cool' I suppose. There are undoubtedly 500 Senior Citizens living in Liberty, MO that have, in their basement - their 8th grade yearbook FILLED with "COC" written allover the faces of many. Kinda changes the view of old fart table at HyVee huh? WIT. (What I thought)....

RR. Roadrunner. He was always in a hurry. Remember BB? (No, not Bed and Breakfast, but Beep Beep) Well, like the retort to King of the Road, BBMA (Beep beep my ass), TYVM.

Victor, this is kind of dragging. I've got clothes to wash, dishes to put away, shower, and get on with my day. HURRY. OK.... OK, which it's debated, comes from the Greek phrase 'olla kalla', or.. the Choctaw word 'okeh', or some think it's from the telegraph coming from the term 'open key.'... Or, it could be BS. BS? Uh huh, you know, OK = Boomer Sooner.

Since you're in a hurry, here's a few: *$ (Starbucks).. DEGT (Don't even go there).. RMLB (Read my lips baby).. SITCOM (Single income, two children, oppressive mortgage)... TTG, TTT, TTTH, TTTT, TTYOB, TU, TWHE, TWIT, TWITA, which, we all know means Time To Go; That's The Ticket; Talk To The Hand, To Tell The Truth; Tend To Your Own Business, Toes Up (as in dead); The Walls Have Ears, That's What I Thought; That's What I'm Talking About.... and, TMMD (That Made Me Dizzy). THAT'S because you're in a hurry, we're in a hurry. "Where ya goin'?" I dunno, but hurry up and get in the car.

DC, which, means I either went to our Capitol, or got my back cracked.

UV, ultra violet.. or.. Unpleasant View, scroll to the dudes drinking coffee at HyVee with COC allover their 8th grade yearbooks in the basement.

Hubba hubba, c'mon: BOGO, XOXO, TTYL, SOL, RSVP (which I had no idea, just learned means Respondez S'il Vous Plait, huh?), OMG, LGBT, MYOB, ILY, FSBO, GR8, FIL, MIL, DUI, BRB, BBW, WHEW (whew ain't an abbreviation for nuttin', it's just that I'm kinda glad that's over.)

Victor, what's your 20? I'm at home, but IM2BZ2P (I'm too busy to pee), gonna make a BLT, swing by QT, then off to the DR to get an MRI, but having a party tonight, BYOB, then, tomorrow I will pack, take my shoes off when the TSA requests (SBINWS: stand back, I never wear socks), fly DL to MSY.

WITH (whatintheheck) is MSY? New Orleans of course. Long ago I worked for an airline. We had to remember 3-letter city codes for a kajillion aiports.. You know, ORD, LAX, LGA, MIA, ATL, SEA, STL, yada. I remember saying HITH (howintheheck) am I gonna remember MSY? Our teach said, "Victor, just think, New Orleans is MesSY after Mardis Gras." I will now never forget MSY.

Don't hurry, be happy.....TGIF...... LV (Love, Victurd)

No comments: