Monday, December 04, 2017

Just like Romeo and Juliet.........

One might find it odd that an old man would write a blog on "how couples meet."

To many that would start to write that blog, be offended, they might take their ball and go home. Me? Not so much. Coming to fore "Bite me, it intrigues me, I never asked for your opine, and..as history has indicated, I'll do whatever in the heck I want." HA. (Mebbe why still single eh?)

Statistics. Certain there are many articles of same, one of 'em had 39% meeting through friends in common, 22% out in a social setting.. 18% through work, 9% via online dating, 6% via Social media(e.g. Facebook, Twitter), and 6% other. Huh? Other?

When it comes to turning initial connections into romantic relationships, friendships still yield the best results - 40% of 'em said they were platonic friends first versus 35% who started as a series of formal dates and 24% who were introduced (setup) by a friend. Ahm, that adds up to 99%. What about the other 1%? Oh, never mind, they're busy getting all the new tax cuts, ha.

Victor, you are writing this and most of us are coupled, ain't that kinda selfish?

Continuing on, WHERE? WHERE do people meet their SO?

I kinda enjoy strange answers... and found a few:

"Accidentally killed him while playing a video game, started talking, then he moved from Washington to Florida to be with me :)"

"I met my wife because I farted. True story. In line at coffee shop and letting some serious silent-but-deadlies. (Was on hefty raw broccoli kick after reading 'good for hairline').. Right behind me, a beautiful gal steps up and asks me 'Do you smell that?'.. I pretend to sniff the air, point to someone a few paces ahead of us. We ended up spending the afternoon together, just celebrated our 3rd year wedding anniversary, and I've never had the heart, to tell her about that fart." HA.

"My friend went on a blind date and accidentally approached the wrong guy. They ended up hitting it off!"

"Freshman year of high school I accidentally punched a girl in the boob. That was 7 years ago. We're getting married this summer."

"I was waitressing. Knocked the lid off a pitcher and spilled it's contents on my patron's lap. I frantically applied napkins to the drenched area - which he apparently "liked" - laughing the entire time. Left me a $20 tip and his phone number. I never called. He continued to come back in, always asking for me, leaving large tips - and of course his number. I eventually called him and we've been dating for 15 months."

"Hitchhiking across Europe, I joined the circus as a dancing girl in Spain - the zookeeper was gorgeous. It was lust at first site, which developed into love. We left Spain, joined Italy's famed Circo Moira Orfei where I became an ostrich riding, shark taming showgirl. We celebrate our 25th anniversary next month."

"From brother and sister to husband and wife" HUH? "Yeah,we met on the set of a movie filming in my hometown and I was cast to play his sister. I joked the first time I saw him 'we must have good-looking parents' - we hit it off, dated, married. I know it sounds terrible, but I get a kick out of relating 'From Brother and Sister to Husband and Wife.' "

"Got groceries at Publix, walked to my car, a white Jeep Cherokee, hit the unlock, opened the door - noticed my back passenger door open and there was a guy unloading groceries into my backseat. At first I thought he was robbing me, I hesitantly approached him and said "Um, hi." He said "Hi," and continued to unload his groceries. I said "Um, this is my car." He laughed at me like I was crazy. "No it's not, it's mine." I hit the lock button to show him it was my car - his face turned white, completely disorientated. He apologized and explained that he too drove a white Jeep Cherokee. He clicked the lock, and it was parked right next to mine. We started laughing and then I said "You can leave your groceries though, I'll be happy to take them." He said "Only if you're going to make me dinner with them." A few weeks later, I did, and the rest is history. People don't always believe our story, but we can't make this stuff up - it was meant to be."

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.......

Tiring of singledom, I've decided to kill someone in a video game, fart in every line I'm in, arrange a blind date, walk in, sit by the prettiest single lady I see, accidentally punch chicks in the boobs, seek fumble-fingered waitresses (or ostrich riding ladies), get cast in a movie - and stalk grocery stores looking for a hottie that also drives a gray 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix.

With apologies to Dr. Hook: I've been in the right place, but I musta farted in the wrong line.

VICTOR? You're so damn weird, who would want you? I know, that's what I'm finding out.

Happy dating, mating, farting......Love, Victurd

No comments: