Monday, May 12, 2008

Serenity………

“The state or quality of being serene.” Well shit, that doesn’t tell me anything, helps me out here…

“Unaffected by disturbance; calm and unruffled. See Synonyms at calm.” Now that’s more like it.

When are you serene? When do u reach serenity?

I disagree somewhat with “The American Heritage Dictionary”.. All serenity is disrupted. It, like life, is fleeting. I would caution to write it more like “you don’t wanna be affected by disturbance.”

When are you serene? When do you reach serenity? You know, that feeling of “go away.. I’m where I wanna be… don’t bug me about this… about that… I want this to last FOREVER!”

Of course “the throes”… that’s kinda a given.

Water. There’s something about water. Whether it be a damn tub, shower, pool, lake, pond, river, stream, ocean… “Leave me alone, I’m serene.”

I have serenegasms at 5pm on Fridays. Immediately after I’ve done all of Maynard’s (I’m 22, I have no car) “honey-do’s”…

When “Another brick on the wall” plays… Tracy Chapmans “Gimme one more reason”.. Anytime an Eric (GD I just read the paper he turned 60-something I’m an old sumbitch) Burden song comes on.

A family gathering. “Victor?… Victor?… it’s midnight. Don’t you think you oughta be going home?” Nope. I’m serene. This is good shit. Don’t wanna leave.

You know the feel, surely. Serenity is heaven on earth. We all know it’s temporary. We all know it WILL be affected. We all know “this ain’t lasting’, but I wish it would… but I know ‘regular’, ‘routine’ are just around the corner.

Ok, so smooching, water, music, family. What else?

Ok……… blackjack. There’s titillation there. I once sat at a table in Vegas for 24+ hours consecutively. I did, I really did. Prolly just me, it’s a rush.

Going to Happy Hour with my HS cronies. It’s innocent, we do it probably to GD often, but ya know what? It’s fun. It’s serene. I get to the point “I don’t want this to end. Even though my side hurts from laughing, I’ll take that. Leave me alone. Uninterrupted.”

Christmas. It’s THE one time of year anyone could say anything to another, and it wouldn’t piss us off. “No way, you can’t mess up Christmas. I wish it lasted 72 hours.”

Sitting at the computer. (Unfortunately for you, with me behind the keyboard.)… I’m “into this” so bug off. Go away. Go get the newspaper. Go play in traffic. Go see what the weather’s gonna be like tomorrow. I’m here. I’m enjoying myself. It’s my freedom. I can bounce from this, to that, o’er there. Where I want, when I want. Don’t interrupt me.” Serene. Serenity.

I wonder if there’s continual serenity in heaven? There’s gotta be. Down here, it’s always so cherished, so desired, so enjoyed - but like everything, it always ends. Everlasting. We need that shit. Ain’t in no hurry to pack up and leave, hunt for six good buddies to “carry me over there” - but everlasting serenity would be cool.

So. You no commenting sunsabitches. Yes, you. Misty. Lisa (although you’re WAY ahead of Sumbrum). Notenoughwords? Rae? (Did she like leave? I love her, she couldn’ta)..
Buehler? McFly?

Seriously, when are u serene. “The best”. You don’t want it to end, but you know it’s gotta. To me, it’s a tremendously healthy thing to experience serenity. Of our waking moments, perhaps the best.

K, outta here. Someone told me to “go jump in a lake.” But, I’m thinking more like a 7 inch deep hot, relaxing, serene bath. Ahhhhh yes. “Maynard.. Hold my calls… unless it’s that one chicky.. You know.. I told you… about the throes?.. How serene it was?”… VICTOR! WAKE UP! YOU’RE DREAMING!

Did I mention that sometimes dreams can be serene?

Toodles, enjoy your week, love, Sereneturd.

No comments: