Friday, May 16, 2008

Blogitus interruptus…

I hate when that happens. Last night, slips sliding away here.. all but wrapped up – when allofasudden the GD (gosh darn) mouse froze. Wouldn’t move. Couldn’t save. Crap. My ideas, thoughts, gone. Couldn’t save. The dreaded boot. At work, can retreive ‘recent documents’.. I got the El Cheapo WallyWorld Dell thing at home – lost, gone vaminose.

Twas about my favorite words.

Hi. That’s a big one. Simple, yet touches. Good friends, coworkers, loved ones, strangers. Hi. We’re all selfish – we love eyeballs, thoughts on us. We love languishing same on others. I love ‘hi’.

Love. Like tears, men ain’t supposedta do/say that. Patooey. I love love. I understand others are uncomfy using it – it’s all good. I say it/spray it. What’s wrong with indicating your love for someone? Doesn’t mean ya wanna strap ‘em down, rip their clothes off and doink immediately. Just means, u have some kinda love for them. An appreciation. A “I’m glad you’re in my life” kinda love.

“Get the hell outta the way.” I use this one frequently. To friends, to bosses, to whomever is standing in my way at work. One lady, heap big churchgoer, say to her as well. They know I don’t mean it, but I love saying it, and for whatever backward reason – it draws a smile.. and (Victor your repeat yourself like crazy) I’m big on smiles.

“Got your STD tests back?” My buddy Shelton. Happens to be black. I run into Shelton one or two times a month at my favorite little hole in the wall. It doesn’t matter if there’s 50 people there or 7 – five minutes after Shelton walks in – he’s gabbing with the prettiest lady in the joint. That’s when I move in, ask “Shelton.. got ur STD tests back?” He always one ups me, and I’d never win a debate – but, u see, Shelton’s got a fulltime girlfriend at home (and I’ve never seen him leave with another) – but oh does he love flirtation.. and I say it because I know he does. Shelton’s got a great smile. Mebbe that’s why the GD (gol durn) women gravitate toward him.

“I don’t know.” Remember my KIA (know-it-all) friend at work? JUST ONCE. JUST ONCE I’d love to hear him say “I don’t know.” I, because I worked my booty off, pulled many an allnighter for my heapin’ helpin’ 2.65 GPA say “I don’t know” a lot – cause there’s just a lotta stuff I don’t know about. TG for Al’s internet. Helps me to ‘know’. Remember encyclopedias? Uh huh.

“I’m sorry.” In death, the very right thing to say. It has been very hard for me (and I still have trouble) in facing friends, loved ones after they’ve experienced the death of a loved one. Unfortunately, thru the loss of three of the four in my immediate family – I’ve learned the importance of a simple “I’m sorry.” I’ve struck out on this with a few friends, and I have regrets not stepping up to the plate. I will work on this. It plays huge.

“Crybaby.” It’s mean, it’s fun, it maybe is a bassackward way to awaken. Nuther very good friend at work winged an email, copied in like five others. Was updating a former co-worker on how hot-and-heavy-yucky it is this timea year. “Be glad you’re gone… I stayed until 5:45pm last night listening to this grumpy….”.. .I’d heard enough. One word email (reply to all). .”Crybaby.” She wasn’t really – she was just trying to boost the departed one, and reinforce their decision to leave. But I have fun with the word. Lord knows you all could’ve left it for me here time after time after pity party after pity party.

“Passion.” Uh huh. Is what life is all about. Be it with her/him. Work. Play. Project. Yard. Friends. Loved ones. An area of study. Music. Whatever. Passion. Passion rocks.

Damn. Time for work. GD (gee gads) blogitus interruptus. So hi. Love you. Get the hell outta the way. Get your STD tests back? I don’t know. I’m sorry. Crybaby. Passion. Hehe. Likes that one too, hehe. Just never been an lol kinda guy. Left field. Left field is good.

May you have a wonderful day. Uuuuhhh la la 80 degrees here today. Yummy. I hope your mouse never freezes, and that if it does u ain’t a crybaby like me about it. Bye, love u. Getting the hell outta the way. No, no STD’s. I do know. I ain’t sorry. I ain’t cryin’. I’m passionate. Hopes u are too. Love, Victurd

No comments: