Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Brief one… dumb?

My buddy’s mother is 90. He went to see her in the nursing home where she lives on Mother’s Day. Her brain is remarkable, her body is frail, unwilling – and burdens her to 100% bed rest. My buddy debated verbally with himself as to whether it’s a good thing her mind is so sharp – and that she’s basically awaiting an end.

This morning as I drove into the big city to drop Maynard off at his job… I thought to myself “self, what if this were the last time I’d ever make this drive?... What if tomorrow never comes?”…

Don’t laugh.. do you know how amazing a tree can look? I watched in wonder.. I’m usually ‘in a zone’, a spaced out zone when I drive. Start here, end there, and hope no one backs into me again. (hehe).. No, for real, it was a lesson to me. I focused like I’ve never focused before. Reminded me of when I worked for TG&Y. (Whatever happened to TG&Y?). Gal from Brazil. 25-ish. Snowed one day. She’d never seen it. Walked to the window and simply stared and stared. Tried putting myself in her shoes. Hurt, she only wore like a size 6. JK. I felt like that today. Watching in wonder.

That’s it. That’s the tidbit for the day. On you go, and as you go, hey – give it a whirl.. look around… pretend “this might be the last time I might see this room/town/highway/sign/tree/building/person” etc. Life truly is amazing. Loveya, Victurd.

No comments: