Monday, July 09, 2007

TELL ME WHAT'D I SAY????



YouTube it………..

This is probably repetitive. This is probably repetitive. Oops, sorry!

Again last night – bored outta my gourd… I turned to YouTube. YouTube is the anti-Kervorkian – in that you can bring those gone “back to life.” You can turn 2007 into 1967. You can watch Ray Charles in the 90’s.

I literally jammed for over an hour on – mostly those that have departed – but, in jam sessions that included those we’re still blessed to have…

Again, Ray. Louie Armstrong – Marvin Gaye – The Big Bopper – Johnny Cash – Elvis – The Temps (all but one now gone) – Belushi and his buddy as the Blues Brothers… there was a piano thingy with Ray, Chubby Checkers and Jerry Lee Lewis – awesome..

Fun, they were having fun.

We’re in the “YouTube” of our lives. We’re ‘’recording’ what people will have left to remember once we’re outta here. I noticed lotsa stuff as I watched. I enjoyed seeing smiles. I enjoyed the passion. They were literally having fun. I enjoyed the camaraderie and respect when they worked with partner(s). Sure – they had talent – but I really think had they not had the personalities – the outlook – to go with it.. they’da all been some recording artist from the middle-a-nowhere – going nowhere.

I forget sometimes that each day, each interaction with my son is being “YouTube”d for tomorrow. I work with co-workers – and everything ends – and all we’ll have is the playback in our minds of what once was.

Jane you ignorant slut – YOU KNOW when I write crap like this – again, it’s mainly a reminder to me…

But may we take the lessons from Ray, Marvin, Louie, The Bopper, Johnny, Elvis – and live our YouTube’s out smiling. With passion. Having fun. Enjoying camaraderie. A good outlook.

I mean whothehell want to watch the opposite?

Hey mama, don't you treat me wrong,

come and love me all night long.

Oh oh, hey hey,

all right now.


See the girl with the diamond ring,

she knows how to twist that thing.

Oh oh, hey hey,

all right now.


Tell your mama, tell your pa

I'm gonna ship you back to Arkansas.

Oh yes, you don't do right,

you don't do right.

Tell me what'd I say,

tell me what'd I say right now.

Tell me what'd I say,

tell me what'd I say.

Tell me what'd I say,

tell me what'd I say.



Yes, I wanna know,

I wanna know.

Baby, I wanna know right now,

yes, I wanna know.

Honey, I wanna know,

yes, I wanna know.


Hey HEY

Ho HO

Hey HEY

Ho HO

Hey HEY ho HO hey.


Sing me one more time.

Sing me one more time.

Sing me one more time.

Sing me one more time.

Sing me one more time.

Sing me one more time.

Hey HEY

Ho HO

Hey HEY

Ho HO

Hey HEY ho HO hey.

Make me feel so good.

Make me feel so good.

Make me feel so good right now.

Make me feel so good.

Make me feel so good.

Make me feel so good.

Huh HUH

Ho HO

Huh HUH

Ho HO

Huh HUH ho HO huh.

Baby, it's all right.

Baby, it's all right right now.

Baby, it's all right.

Baby, it's all right.

Baby, it's all right.

Baby, it's all right.


Come on, twist that thing.

Come on, twist that thing.

Keep a twistin' that thing.

Keep a twistin' that thing.

Keep a twistin' that thing.

Keep a twistin' that thing.


Make me feel all right.

Well, I feel all right.

Well, I feel all right.

Well, I feel all right.

Well, I feel all right.

Well, I feel all right. - Ray Charles

The passion, the fun, the smiles, the good vibrations exude from that. Ya know, he coulda been the bitter old man that stayed cooped up in his apartment – rarely venturing out amongst the seeing folks. Our YouTube memory could be of an old geyser that was grumpy, cussed, bitter about being blind. Huh uh. He was Ray. Happy. Passionate. Fun. Good vibes. Smiles.

Bebbe let’s ride life out as if we’re making YouTube memories of our own. What’d I say? (Listen up dammit or we’ll ship you back to Arkansas!)…… Happy tubing. Love, Victurd.

No comments: