Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Glass half full?

With keyboard in cheek, I’ve fairly frequently stated “No.. the bastard leaks” - but I do think it’s a choice - how we see things… The following ain’t half bad I reckon…..

Buddy at work swears he met a gal online that had one (and only one) boob enhanced to see if she liked it. Hmmm. Reckon the technical term then is a 34B-DD.

We kicked KU’s ass in football… they beat us twice in basketball…

My bestest two friends at work are quite probably moving on to bigger and brighter things… I think of the half of the glass that is empty, and for them the half that is full…

I’m 10 of 19 “done” on my New Year’s resolution list. Today I marked off one as I visited some friends that were once daily in my life - but aren’t now for reasons of occupational change, marital change, and aging so GD much that playing softball ain’t really a wise thing any more. The visit ended with I love you two, and “love you too” back.

In spite of 4 gallons of tar on roof, there are still small leaks. I have plastic up. It’s catching it.

Knowing “she”, whoeverinthehell she is, is out there, awake, alert, lonely, dreaming as well. HURRY BEBBE before the glass is only one-fourth full!

Buying a “new” car that only has a cassette tape player. Cleaning out checkenginelight and finding a 12x12x12 box FULL of cassettes in the trunk.

Sending feel good emails, seeing that they’ve been read.

Going to ex inlaw’s 4th of July party (ex is in Colorado)…. Just being invited, hell yeah.

Going to ex inlaw’s 4th of July party.. Having my son’s ole boss there… Him remarking what a good worker Maynard was.. AND.. That they’re hiring and he’s keeping a job for him open.. “I can tell… he’s really matured, thinking soundly.” F-n-A Ray. (Or Jeff, actually!)…

The Royals kicking ass 17-3. “The Future” (Billy Butler) having 6 RBI’s. Opening the paper today to see they’re still in last place.

Out and about, seeing soooooo many gorgeous creatures (Piggly Wiggly, WalMart, breakfast at HyVee) and then retiring to bed alone.

Whether you are in Liberty, Raytown, JoCo, Topeka, St. Louie, Lindsborg, Lawson, Milwaukee, Clinton, wherever - it’s my hope you explain to all that the glass is half full because you’ve been sucking up all the good times… and that you intend, very shortly, to refill it.

Loveya. Life, it ain’t half bad. (Why am I reminded of my hydrocele before I had it surgically repaired!).. Victurd

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Victor
Coming to Kansas City tomorrow. 22's cousins had to back out on us. I have two tickets to sell to Saturday nights Royals game. Know anyone who would buy them? (You could and sit next to me anonymously at the game? :)
See ya.