Monday, July 16, 2007

My Deepest Darkest Secrets......

PSYCHE!

Hi, and good morning. When someone asks you “how are you doing” – a) do we really want the true answer, b) do we really care, and c) do we really listen? d) do we really tell the truth?

“Well.. I’m doing good. Frank hopped on last night and was finished before I even got warmed up – so I’m flustered.”

“Ahm… I kinda-sorta had the flu/upset tummy all weekend… goodness gracious do I need to do laundry.”

“Hey, I’m doing great. Thanks. In fact, if I borrow $200 from the Quick Cash joint Wednesday, I can actually make my house payment on time.”

“Oh.. my kid got arrested again. We dipped into our savings to get him out.. the lawyer will probably scoop up the rest of it.”

“I’m awesome. Bernie was away on a fishing outing with his buddies so I went over to Howie’s house and we doinked four times in six hours.”

“I’ve got an itchy itchy rash.”

“Herm’s been trying for like 12 years to get me to… you know… that backdoor thing… I was a little drunkie Saturday night… bastard snuck up on me… am I walking funny?”

“Life? It’s grand! In fact, we’re going to wallpaper the bathroom with disconnect notices (North Wall) and foreclosure notices (South Wall.) Saving the East Wall for my termination notices… And topping it all off (West Wall) with threatening letters from the IRS. Come on over after it’s done, I’ll showya.”

“Oh, life’s not to bad for my age I guess. Got the hem’s.. GD brown spots.. creeky bones… I’m gettin’ skinnier… Sometimes I don’t make it in time to the commode… what was the question again?”

I reckon we should simply appreciate “Fine. How are you?”

I would find life a tad bit more interesting however if people would answer truthfully. Even if it ain’t great. It’d give a whole new view into everyone’s lives… We generally share our most intimate secrets, stories, feelings with the ones we are closest too.. Yeah.. I know – some who do out and out spout everything out – we’re sorry we asked ten seconds after we did. Maybe it ain’t sucha good idea..

So up there in your noggin’, the next times someone asks “how are you?” Smile, think of all the really crappy, yucky parts of your life – grit the chops and say “Fine. How are you?”

Tune in tomorrow when we’ll ask… “how was your weekend?”

Love, Victurd.

No comments: