Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Exhaustion........


We’ve all seen a toddler around 8pm… After roughly 13 hours of following them around as they go non-stop to suckup life - the system crashes… the eyes start closing.. There’s still fight left inside so they pop back open… but the weariness in the bod finally wins out… ZONKED.

Tis how I currently feel. If I ain’t been working’, and working overtime (probably 20 hrs this week) I’ve been going. I love going. Going ain’t lonely. Here, at this monitor is mostly lonely (except for your wonderful emails, comments, a few por.. er… PORpoise sites. Ahm, I love dolphins!) it’s just me.

Home, presently, ain’t where the heart is. It needs work. It once was happy, and now it’s sad. Not because the “participants” have changed - but it’s time for a new start, this is a recording.

Last night, I was in idiot mode supreme. Ran into a gal I hadn’t seen in twenty years. Her, her ex, me, my ex usedta hang when we were puppies. Close your ears, I always LOVED looking at her booty (I was married, not dead). So, we played some pool. DAMMIT, I hated she had to lean over upon occasion to reach the cue ball. (The years have served her well.)

So we talked about this kid, that kid, this ex, that ex, whatinthehell has happened the twenty years.. Tomorrow… changed outlooks… and I remember some shots I didn’t purchase, and a few beers. This is a recording.

She’s hardened in her look at marriage, relationships… and is quite pleasantly single, with notta lotta desire to change that. But hey, I could use a runnin’ buddy - and she did give me her number - and by night’s end we were joking and laughing like we did back in the days of Laugh In. Next thing I know “LAST CALL.” And Mikki saying “IT’S ONE-THIRTY, NOW GET OUTTA HERE.” (Where have I heard that before?)

I arise, slowly, and curse the alarm clock at 6am. I remember I’m happy God has given me another day so I smile. As I get up, I’m reminded my body is 54 and I’ve been running like I’m 24. So I curse my body. Then I remember the deaf guy with one arm smiling at the Brigade game, and immediately I get a smartass smirk on my face, pointed at me - into the mirror. (Good God Victor, you’ve been eating well too.)

Four acetaminophens, four ibuprofens, six Rolaids, one diarrhea thingy (When you’re sliding into home and your pants are full of foam diarrhea, diarrhea.), a scrumptious Mexican lunch with former co-workers (Mistake. Not the coworkers, the Mexican food.) later - another hour anda half of overtime - I’m that toddler.

I’ve gone like crazy. Many would call it crazy. I ain’t generally funny nor borderline obnoxious in public amongst friends. Tiredness makes me semi-funny and very borderline obnoxious out and about.

I wanna suckup every minute of every day. I wanna go. I wanna share. I wanna live. I wanna see. I pay when the eyes start closing around 8-ish, but pardon the toddler pun - I sleep like a baby.

The only better thing is complete exhaustion from a sexual tryst, but it’s been so long ago to try to remember such an affair, it’s exhausting to think back that far.

Going to nap now. May, just may wake up in 30 minutes and take a walk. May, just may sleep all night, awaken at 4-ish and head to Waffle House for wonderful coffee, newspaper, and peeks of others out enjoying life.

Even if there’s perhaps a hitch in the get along of this wayward path - I’m enjoying the hell outta making footprints.

Life rocks. Play hard. See the world with the excitement and quenched for learning eyes of a toddler. Call me childish - frankly Scarlet. Sdflkjljkljg.. Oh, sorry, the eyes were dropping off.
Sleep like a baby - baby. Love, Victor Immature. Or plain ole Victurd will do as well. Happy happy!

No comments: