Sunday, July 08, 2007

Everything you wanted to know about dating but were afraid to ask.....


Ok, that was a lie. But you’re here. So HA!…

I found this site, topdatingtips.com and they had a little survey thinga goin;… found it pretty interesting…… read along with me as we compare results…. Wouldya?

Do you believe in love at first sight ?
1. Yes 71%
2. No 20%
3. Don't Know 9%

Unfortunately, I do. This has bit me in the butt more than once. The eyes are just below the brain, and the “hubba hubba” info goes from eyes to heart - and the brain doesn’t have the time to step in and say “Wait a minute you friggin’ idiot!”

Choose the most important features of a partner
1. Looks 11%
2. Personality 30%
3. Physique 5%
4. Sense of Humor 14%
5. Eyes 10%
6. Popularity 0%
7. Smile 12%
8. Hair 7%
9. Education 7%
10. Career 3%

I’m participating here under some protest - for I believe “Love of Motown” shoulda been on there somewhere. I see personality ranks first. So, they’re saying the ears (mostly) win out over the eyes in ‘cipherin’….

When a previous relationship has ended which of these is true ?
1. I was unfaithful 0%
2. He/she was unfaithful 29%
3. Amicable separation 9%
4. Irreconcilable differences 23%
5. Angry breakup 3%
6. Still friends 14%
7. Still lovers 3%
8. Just drifted apart 6%
9. Not sure what happened 14%

Again, baby protest… “Ran off on a Harley” wasn’t listed.. So I guess I’ll settle for #2.…

On a date do you think your companion is generally 100% truthful ?
1. Yes 22%
2. No 78%
3. Don't know 0%

I’m in the minority on this one. What reason would they have to lie? I mean, if there’s a 2nd, 3rd date , wouldn’t they be “found out”?

When does a date become a relationship ?
1. 1 week 3%
2. 1 month 17%
3. 2 months 20%
4. 6 months 13%
5. Once we have had sex 13%
6. Once I have met the parents 8%
7. Once we have been on vacation 0%
8. Once we have moved in together 0%
9. When he/she says I love you 25%

Again, I protest. To me, there just comes a point where you don’t have the desire to meet/see anyone else. There’s no set time frame to this, nor does it matter if you’ve doinked, met the Fokkers, or share the light bill.

What is the biggest acceptable age gap for you ?
1. Same age only 0%
2. 1 years 2%
3. 3 years 12%
4. 5 years 44%
5. 10 years 24%
6. 15 years 4%
7. 20 years 2%
8. 25 years 4%
9. Age doesn't matter at all 8%

I think it’s dependent upon the people involved. I think chemical way overweighs chronological. Not askin’ ya to agree wit’ me, just wingin’ my opine.

What is the first thing you notice about your date ?
1. Looks 38%
2. Dress 10%
3. Personality 17%
4. Wealth 0%
5. Style 2%
6. Manners 0%
7. Smile 10%
8. Eyes 19%
9. Humor 4%
10. Generosity 0%

HEY WAIT JUSTA GOL DURN MINUTE… Lemme scroll back up to the second question… It was Choose the most important features of a partner and personality had the most at 30% (looks was 11%).. There’s a hitch in the getalong here. I personally lean toward a) are they addicted to their cell phone.. b) do they look like a meth or crackhead.. c) are they genuinely nice - which I guess is personality. (I went out with one chick - twice - she never asked one question about me. I shoulda known.)

How hard it it to find someone you really like?
1.) Impossible 9%
2.) Difficult 59%
3.) Fairly difficult 21%
4.) Fairly easy 9%
5.) Very easy 3%

May I again interject protest. There’s heap big difference between “really liking someone” and having that hot, throbbing, intense, I can’t-hold-back “Oh Baby Oh Baby” desire. I’ve liked EVERYONE I’ve ever gone out with. The “Oh Baby Oh Baby” has occurred mebbe 20% of the time (unless there were drinks involved.)

Do you like being single ?
1.) I love it 0%
2.) I like it 15%
3.) I don't mind 35%
4.) I don't like it 15%
5.) I hate it 35%

I guess I’m in the 35% don’t mind. I’d much rather be lonely by myself than lonely in a relationship.

Do you find it easy to meet new people ?
1.) Very easy 17%
2.) Quite easy 6%
3.) Easy 17%
4.) Quite difficult 42%
5.) Very difficult 17%
6.) Impossible 3%

#4, all the way. Again, I’m not the type to run up to a table of women (my age) and do the “heavy penguin” thing. (Ice-breaker)…

Would you like to get married ?
1.) Yes 44%
2.) No 12%
3.) Maybe 32%
4.) Not again 4%
5.) Don't know 8%

If a batter goes 0 for 2, he’s hitting .000, so that’s perceived as shitty. But.. If he gets a hit in his third at bat, he’s now batting .333 which is considered top of the class. At 54, I don’t give a shit about the marital certificate - sure - I would - I want more the relationship…. Regardless if hitched or not.

Girls, do you prefer nice guys or bad guys ?
1. Nice Guys 38%
2. Bad Guys 15%
3. Any man I can get ! 6%
4. A blend of both 34%
5. Neither 7%

How important are a guy's shoes when checking him out ?
1. Extremely 8%
2. Very 13%
3. Quite 45%
4. Not very 11%
5. Not at all 6%
6. Don't notice 18%

I’m fucking sunk here. Kohl’s Clearance Rack. (Two years ago)

What kind of woman do you go for ?
1. Modern career girl 35%
2. Professional go-getter 7%
3. Home-loving girl-next-door 34%
4. The quiet librarian 4%
5. The outrageous vamp 0%
6. The femme fatale 0%
7. The girl at the checkout 6%
8. Someone like mom 1%
9. The free spirited hippy chick 8%
10. Your ex 6%

Again - how can u lump all that crap in with what kinda person you’d like to be with? I am sure there are some from each category I’d like, and some I wouldn’t. Howabout adding “Calm, laid back, great smile, “get’s it” “ to that list?

Do you know what people are attracted to about you ?
1. Yes always 4%
2. Yes I have some ideas 32%
3. I can guess 18%
4. Not really 32%
5. No idea 14%

NOT ALL, but many have been of the domineering sort (and I’m not talking kink here you kinkster)… We live and we learn.

For me, dating is mainly about..... ?
1. Love 21%
2. Marriage 19%
3. Friendship 8%
4. Partnership 6%
5. Sex 19%
6. Company 3%
7. Social life 3%
8. Romance 12%
9. Conversation 3%
10. Sharing 6%

All of the above, but again, #2 ain’t that important to me. (But if important to ‘her’ should I ever find her… then cool.)

I dunno whyinthehell I blogged this. Reckon it was kinda interesting seeing from other’s shoes. Dating is tough. Dating is difficult. Dating is expensive. (Victor, you dumbass, I’ve seen you pull out your Entertainment book with “2 for 1” dining coupons.) Dating is expensive. Dating sucks. Dating rocks. Dating is “get me the hell outta here”. Dating is “Oh baby Oh baby.” Dating is uncomfy, laughing, sharing, learning, touching, eww’s, baggage, kids, life, future, eyes on eyes, fun, trying… but most of all… to this end, it’s a necessity. May you have a keen eye in dating. I wish “Oh baby Oh baby”s, your way. (If you’re here and you’re married - BE GLAD.) Love, Victurd.

No comments: