Friday, October 13, 2006

Maybe I've finally learned to shut-up......

Thanks - thanks for the nice wishes - and, I guess birthdays are pretty cool... Inasmuch as we might hate the attention -- sometimes it's selfishly good as well... Hopefully - what I'll take from a birthday are the "feel goods" and the responsibility of being a giver myself. I'm talking - like Catom sending me an e-card... or Rae posting her best wishes.. the cards in the mail from my son, cousin, aunt, niece, etc... Feel goods. Ya can't hang onta feel goods - ya gotta forward 'em on..

In spitea almost being old enough for the 'even cheaper'Denny's Grand slam - me still thinks I'm learning.. I hope I try to see, watch, listen, feel as others do and say things to make another feel good - and emulate. I'm an average giver - and there are many around me that are so much greater at it than I... but giving feels good too... and to me, the reason it feels good is we've come to learn what it feels like on the other end -- so, perhaps it's even better to be on the giving end...

Catom, u turd, u never answered when your birthday is. Rae, would you share yours too? Thanks to all around for making my day special... Maybe if I read and reread Buck O'Neil's positive quotes enough - I'll someday have the watoosies to say "I've been blessed." HEY! I said it! Happy Friday the 13th, love, Victurd

No comments: