Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Gillette

Good news... Way cool... Catom, who counts more green milemarkers than Lance Armstrong - is bound for home for over a week. No lonely motels... Dinner at her own table... No "I gotta go I gotta go - I gotta go to Conoco". <-- that, was onea my sister and I's fav's as young punks. As was clapping when our father passed another car. Mosta us gallivant safely at 5mph over the speed limit - huh uh, not him - 5 miles under. No Phillips 66 fillups for the prepaid amount - having to pee - and just when the pump gets close to $25 - it goes slower, and slower, and slower and it makes ya do the pee pee dance. (Almost as fun to watch as the poo poo walk.)

And Ms. Rae (damn good to hear from you woman) is getting her own house. MINE. If I wanna sticka tack smack in the middlea that wall right there - by golly I'm gonna. I'm gonna plant a flower - and it won't be a loaner - the sum'bitch is mine, in MY soil. Decorate the way I wanna, proudly invite friends over to MY house... you go girl - good for you.

Thanks for the good news. Rae also shouted out a nifty word - reality. Tis the theme nowadays. Was it MTV's Real World that started it all? Extreme Makover, American Idol, Survivor, Dancing with the Stars, The Amazing Race, Wife Swap, you name it - there's a show for it. Hell, ain't nothin' new for us old folks - we had Fred Broski's bowling for dollars and Harold Ensley's fishin' with area farmers years before "you're off the island".

Reality is a tough word. We look in the mirror, we see how we need to lose weight, but the reality is we down that bag-a Cheetos when no one's watching 'cause the reality is - we love to eat.

We become sad, thus, we drink. We believe drinking makes us happy, but the reality is - tis a sad thing.

We see money as the key to any problem. We hoard it. Once we have some- we fret oh so any time some slips away - we tend not to give.. and the reality is - money can be a bastard. I want more I want more. 3% cost of living raise? You gotta be shittin' me - bread alone is up over 13% this year. Have you priced bottled water recently? Don't take my money - I gotta watch over my money. Friggin relatives - all they're out for is my money. (I ain't talkin' me, cause my reality is I ain't got any money - I'm kinda talkin' in general I guess.)

And then there's the forms of reality like Ms. Rae mentioned: baby smiles.. leaves turning color.. watching two hug... hugging itself... seeing someone ya love - meeting eyes - following witha smile.. co-workers laughing together... the radio cranked and the car windows down... orgasms.. HUH? WHAT'D HE SAY? Yeah, sorry, orgasms. Is there any thing comparable? The reality is - there ain't no other feel like it... In fact, it's so far and away different from anything in our 'real world' - it's almost unrealistic. Really.

The reality today is, I owe, I owe, it's off to work I go. It's been real, and it's been fun. And - you two who responded with good news made it real fun for me. Shout from the mountaintop - sing your ass off in the shower - tell someone who looks nice today "hey, you look nice today".. If ya get down - thinka Buck O'Neil's smile.. Ray Charles singin' America... Wail out "let's go to Luckenbach Texas" (but don't ride with Willie.. he smokes pot).. or "Earl has to die".. or "Ain't too proud to bey-eg, sweet darlin'"..."What a wonderful world"... thinka the precious people in your own life... Hell, have an orgasm. Happy day. Really. Love, Victurd

No comments: