Friday, October 31, 2008

Right? Write. (Spooky).......

Mind going here/there. Fast.

Yesterday’s ‘focus’ has turned today’s path into a whirlpool. Whatever you call a mini tornado thingy where there’s no sense of direction.. things scattering every which way. Direction? What’s that?

I had an incredible time the other night, but I’m not so certain that will be repeated. Darnit! Eh, it’s ok. Big Sea.

Halloween. Already, six coworkers have walked by and I didn’t recognize any of ‘em. We getta be kids again on this day. Smiles abound on October 31.

As I drove in, my brain yuckily drooped to the direction of some of today’s youth and the “in general” moral decline in our nation, our world. Egging a house has turned into keying a car. Dressing as a bum is now putting on a Scream mask and jumping out from the bushes.

Defiantly smoking a cigarette is now freely, openly dropping F-bombs infronta old and young alike with no conscience. I didn’t enjoy those minutes thinking of that crap – but they were there in my brain, so felt I should share.

Hurry up and wait. We want so badly for life to be as we picture it, that perfect “A”.. .the 100% “YES”… we look down and see a blank canvas.. and all the while so many wonderful C+, B-, A- days pass before us.. and it’s a cheese and crackers kinda thing.

Pumpkins. Frost. Dark. Candy. Excitement. Smiles. Flashlights. Walking. Sweating underneath the get-up.. Whadda great holiday.

40-some dollars filled the van today when not so long ago $60 wouldn’t do it. All that gas. The want to go pick someone up, take ‘em and show ‘em, and share.. See the trees that have been painted.. Visit local history.. Break bread.. Hurry up and wait…

Direction? See?

Was’a gal at work yesterday… Dizzy.. Darn near passed out at her computer. “Victor.. can you take her home?”… Uh huh.. Did.. Made sure we conversed the whole way so she wouldn’t pass out on me and then I’d… well, I wasn’t so damn sure what “I’d”…

Safely into the door of her sister’s house.. I retracked the three lefts, four rights.. “go thru this light”.. and I was lost. Shit. At least gas wasn’t $4. No direction. You’d make a turn, and had no idea whatinthehell direction you were going.

Life’s kinda like that now. Hurry up and wait. Come on “A”. I want 100%. And as I scatter thru the muck.. I miss the scenery. I miss some fun. I forget to feel. Live.

I spose life should be like football. Every play you “huddle up” and plan. I gots no plan. Running roughshod thru life. It’s an enjoyable life, but it’s roughshod.

Spooky, ain’t it?

In the cool of the evening when ev'rything is gettin' kind of groovy,
I call you up and ask you if you want to go and meet and see a movie,
First you say no, you've got some plans for the night,
And then you stop, and say, "All right."
Love is kinda crazy with a spooky little girl like you.

You always keep me guessin', I never seem to know what you are thinkin'.
And if a fella looks at you, it's for sure your little eye will be a-winkin'.
I get confused, 'cause I don't know where I stand,
And then you smile, and hold my hand.
Love is kinda crazy with a spooky little girl like you.
Spooky!

If you decide someday to stop this little game that you are playin',
I'm gonna tell you all what my heart's been a-dyin' to be sayin'.
Just like a ghost, you've been a-hauntin' my dreams,
So I'll propose... on Halloween.
Love is kinda crazy with a spooky little girl like you.

Spooky,
Spooky,
Spooky,
Oh-whoa, all right,
I said Spooky!

Happy Halloween. Love, Victurd.

No comments: