Thursday, October 09, 2008

Is….

Is is (can u say ‘is’ twice in succession?).. Is is an interesting thing. (Can u find a sentence where “I is” is proper?... Sure! I is the 9th letter of the alphabet!)..

Is…

Today. Today IS.

As Maynard and I were driving to work – thoughts ran thru the brain, the same ole thoughts… “I can’t wait to get outta this house… I can’t wait to live by myself.. then mebbe I can live with a new partner… I can’t wait to get outta this financial jungle.. I can’t wait until Maynard’s brain is ripe, he flies on own outta nest.. He has own car to go purchase $1 Double Cheeseburgers (plain).. or Bud Ice..”

“I can’t wait until tomorrow…. Things’ll be better then.. Wishin’.. and hopin’.. and dreamin’… “

And then ya know what?

We forget “is”. Today “is”. The now. The moment. Our only chance at that moment. We go with blinders on headed (probably mostly ill-fatedly) to “a better day.” A better time.

Victor, do you remember that you write to yourself? Yes you idiot, I just typed that, why would you ask sucha stupid question?

Ok, good. What I thought. Then remember, you only have one chance with the moments of the day. If you spend all of your time worrying/hoping/hurrying ‘tomorrow’ – you’re messing up today.

Take the blinders off. Look at Maynard, appreciate the now. Did you hear him say he loved you? He’s 23, you’re lucky, not many kids that age tell their folks that. Did u read the emails lately from those good buds of yours – and from your family -that were all signed “love”?

Are ur friggin’ eyes open to even see what God’s doing to the trees around us? He’s got his easel out again.

Don’t you remember the man at the license bureau walking up the 20 concrete steps – and how long it took him? His tomorrow is today – and I’ll bet your ass once he got to the top – he appreciated “is”. Accomplishment. Today. Not a “better tomorrow.”

Birthday soon. Even as one ages, they’re kinda special (inwardly).. Takes ya back to your youth. As I collect birthdays now – they do serve as reminders to “is.” The now. Enjoying the now, cause buddy, year number fitty-five just flew by. Take anything from it – or were you too GD (gosh darn) worried about ‘that better day ahead’?

I know I know. What it is. I is workin’ on improving, remembering the “is” we live in. This moment. (Oh shit, another song… he’s gonna blog “This magic moment.”) No, but notta bad idea. I is writing that down for another day. I is gonna enjoy is right now.

Have a spiffy day. Be like the baby at the license bureau. If ya can’t give a verbal hello to all you meet, please smile at them. You’re gorgeous when you smile. It makes the is better. Be thankful for small accomplishments – like the old feller making it to the toppa the steps. Life IS good. Life is. I is happy. Is u?

Love, Victurd

No comments: