Monday, October 27, 2008

Hi...

And thanks for being here...

Got-ta counting... Fitty-six... Ya read the obits... There's a lotta 70's... So, if lucky.. another twenty years... mebbe... and at that, that's 7,300 days...

Skeery...

So. Gonna live. Gonna live eyes wide open. Not gonna take nuttin for granted. (Victor, that's a double negative, you can't do that.) This is a blog. And speakin' a negative - not gonna have it. Oh sure, i'll probably have to endure some @ work, at home, have to's - but for the most part, when negative happens in life, I'm gonna vaminos...

Last night.. One of the most rewarding days of my life... I happened to be there.. A friend.. this friend lost their spouse VERY recently.. They leaned, and I was glad they did.. Talked/cried into the wee hours.. Ten years ago, I'da run from this situation for fear of being uncomfy. Nuh uh, not now. This person talked gutteral - and I'm very glad they did - for if you hold that stuff in, it irritates the stomach lining forever...

Eyes wide open today, Mickey D's. A couple - oh, mebbe 5,000 days left. They'd ordered, had gone back behind the line - and he had his arm around her as they waited - as if High School sweethearts.. Nice. Very nice. They're living. They "get it."

Nuther lady there. Maybe only 1,000 days or so left. Very obviously affected by a stroke. She didn't care. Living. out and about. Doing. Going. Way cool.

City park. Two 17 yr olds out playing ball with their fathers, mebbe 10,950 days left. I hope their eyes were open. Time flies. Their lives, all, will change soon.. Pretty cool, do hope they appreciated..


Laundromat. Another lady, MAYBE hundreds of days left. Her washer musta been broke because she had two big baskets of wet clothes she was taking to car. She struggled to get there.. and stopped for the longest time. The big lumux me sat there. Soon, another lady, prolly 16,425 days left, came out and offered "would you allow me to assist you?"... and she smiled.. and did. Nice, 16,425 lady realizing only hunnerds left... "I'll help make this one better."

I think I'm done with Birthdays. Don't like fitty-four, fitty-five, fitty-six.. From now on - I'm counting the days backwards... Another reminder of just how precious our time is here.

Your age? 26? 17,885 days... 29? 16,790.. 31? 16,060... 40? 12,775..

Morbid? I don't think so. "But why count down to zero?"... Well... maybe you/I/we will live longer. Then we'll go into "overtime" - where we absolutely realize every day is special.. A year.. 365, two, 730.. ten, 5,650..

Another way to look at it.. based on projected 7,300 days left for me (Victor, you smoke, you drink, you eat Snickers bars, quit dreaming) that's only 1,0432 weekends.. Wow.. .Perspective..

Enjoy the day... Number 7,300 for me. You? Love, Victurd.

No comments: