Tuesday, October 14, 2008

(The parentheses of life)….

Good morning. (I may or may not mean that, but it’s a custom in our lives, so) good morning.

How are you? (Not that I really wanna know, again, it’s just something we say - sometimes we stand back after saying, sometimes we reap bullshit answers, sometimes good shit..)

Sure boss, I’ll get on that right away. (You friggin’ idiot, do you realize how far apart we are in the sense of urgency here? I mean I’ve got all this other crap to do - my regular workload- and you want me to stop, drop everything and work on your piddly little project simply because your daddy started the company eons ago, you came from his wife’s womb, thus, by right, I stop and drop everything on your silly little whims?)… I’ll have it for you soon boss.

Hi, how are you today (My goodness she’s gorgeous. Every time I see her I dream of what she’d look like nekkie… VICTOR!!!.. Sorry, all men are piggies!)…

Uh huh.. .I see (you lost me ten minutes ago bucko.. I’m sitting here listening because I can’t find a way to get up, an excuse to use to get up, and you’re only in chapter 12 of this seemingly 33 chapter story… I’m drifting.) Yes, uh huh.

How are you Victor? Hey, I’m fine, thanks for asking. (“IT” has been awhile. I usedta love “IT”, but “IT”s been awhile. The kid is now 23 with no signs of jumping outta the nest. Washer’s on the fritz. Behind on the gas bill. I fell right on my tailbone a few days back, and I think I’m coming down with the crud.) Fine, just fine thanks.

How ‘bout that Greek place for lunch.. “Hmmm.” (Are you fucking crazy? Lamb? Bahhhhhh’d idea. Barf. No. Not just no, hell’s no‘s.) Ahm, I’ll go wherever you guys wanna go.

Victor, you doing ok? Yep! Ya sure? (Why you on ere polecat you. No. Sometimes life ain’t perfect, but I smile hella a lot. I enjoy it. I ain’t artistic, so sometimes it ain’t drawn exactly like I like it… but I’ve been ‘dog ear’ since I started carrying a notebook in 2nd grade. How dare you say “ya sure?”.. I bet if you dropped your drawers right now, there’d be skid marks. We all have skid marks in life, and last I remember, there was only one here who was perfect.)

Victor, your blog is kinda negative this morning. (No, no. You’re not getting it at all… It’s just that this wonderful, remarkable thing we call our brain… it’s the parentheses of our life.. It’s our cross-checker.. It keeps us in place.. It’s the valve on the tire where occasionally we can wade thru all the crap, and let some air out internally. Our parentheses contain the stuff we’d sometimes like to say.. And usually do.. But only internally so that we can hear it - not the person/people we’re with.)

Well I’d like it a little more than I’m getting it. (Holy behoogety sakes. You didn’t just say that?? You? A female? Living with someone and you have to say THAT? Does this poor chap know how you feel? Hells bells, I’d be sitting on the couch peeking at the curtains watching for your car to pull in.. A little Barry White in the background.. Some scented candles, a piecea vanilla incense whaffing thru the air..) Hmm. Sorry bout that.

Well, I’ll tell you what it is. (Yes, we all knew you would. There’s not a thing you don’t know about. Once, just ONCE, I’d love to hear your own parentheses open up and say “Gee… I dunno.. I just dunno.) Sure ____, tell us what it is.

What are you doing this weekend? (Again, it’s the polite thing to ask. You always say “oh, probably nothing”, but mebbe, just mebbe for once you’ll have cooked up something cool to tell me.) Yeah, me too.

I’m going to the bathroom. (Why? Why do you announce that. I’d much prefer you stand up and say “Doing #1 this time.”.. or, “Does anyone know, is there plenty of toilet paper in the john?”).. K….

Hi.. this is Vic, can I help you? (I saw your number on caller ID. You call a lot. I love and value the fact we work together, but you’re kinda like the boss. Your urgency just doesn’t quite match my urgency.) You bet bud, I’ll have an answer for you here soon…

Good morning Vic.. Hi.. (I like you. You’re nice. You don’t moan about life. You’re always smiley. You’re a giver. You’re always concerned - genuinely - of everyone else’s concerns - even in times when your own life may be down.).. How are you this morning Mary?

Parentheses are good. They’re our equalizer, our sanity maker. Our private sense of humor. Sometimes they’re the “what I’d really like to say”.. or for sure “what I’m really thinking.”

Life, it be good. (The kid’s never gonna fly. I hate the Laundromat. I’d better get my booty rolling to work.)

Have a great day (I really do mean that one.) You look nice today. (I’d love to one article at a time undress you, hehe).. Love (call me, 867-5309, we’ll do ‘lunch’), Victurd

No comments: