Wednesday, October 01, 2008

The power of one…..

A line crossed. Something different, more different than anything in our regular ole life. It’s simply my opine, when two become one – there’s a lifelong bond. A uniqueness, a specialness. No, it doesn’t mean the feelings at the time will be there with the same intensity in ten years, twenty years, in six and a half months.. but it’s powerful.. altering.. and yes, wonderful.

Some ‘lists’ are small, some mebbe have so many it’s rough to grasp the names in one sitting. No matter, again, it’s an ‘event’, a celebration, a very personal thing – that does make one have a bond for life.

Then again, whatshername always said “You know Victor, not everyone gets as whooped up on your ideas as you do.” Yes, I realize that – and in spitea those words, she is another that there’ll always be that bond, that oneness.

Victor, I’m not asking if you have, but what about one-niters? How can you say that creates a lifelong bond? Well, I DO realize not everyone is as whoopy on my ideas, my thoughts – I don’t care… even if fleeting – “that” moment was shared – and it is a lifelong bond kinda thing.

I giggle now – ‘cause there’s a gal I have (to me) a lifelong bond with. I see her occasionally on Yahoo – and I IM her. Her responses stopped probably three-four years ago. The days, times have faded a bit, sure – but again, ‘that’ is forever. I thought interesting her reply as to “why can’t you just occasionally say “hi”?

She departed me due to “you won’t ever stop smoking, and I don’t think you’ll ever show the necessary fortitude with your son.” (Smart lady!)…. Here’s her take:

“The fact that you still IM me after all this time (drunk or not) does sort of substantiate my comment about not moving on. We were a long time ago and not really for very long. I have not responded because you have not really said anything...I don't look at IM very frequently, so I don't notice it until long after the fact...I never have responded to the one-sentence drive-bys.”

My reply was…..

“I very much disagree here. Yes, we were a long time ago, and yes, we weren't for very long. I've always been of the belief, once two become one, from my shoes - there's an everlasting bond for life. No, that doesn't mean every time I come runnin' there are expectations of her to drop her drawers and love me to no end. Regarding drive-bys - I have many friends I've made over the years (not just intimate friends) - many I've never even met in the flesh - to me, it's rewarding to make a 'touch' to see what's going on in their life... Where they're at, where they're going, and how they're doing. For the many times you've never responded - there's a ten to one ratio of those that do/have, and it's been blessed. I'm not quite so sure on who's missing out here.”

Life is affected by control. We only control ourselves – and that’s a very good and very bad thing, I guess…. Victor, do you just realize you shared what she wrote with the entire world?.. Relax the back Jack, I’ve seen the numbers.. the number of readers here couldn’t even fill up the General Admission section at a Royal’s game.

She said other things – in effort to awaken me to “the moves you need to make”… I am me. While I probably ain’t been doing a good job in controlling that – it’s for me to control, not her, or anyone else. And that goes vice-versa.

Bottom line, no matta the view from her shoes, or from anyone else in the Victurd-boat, I will always carry that bond for life. It is wonderful. It is special. It is very personal. It ain’t forever physically – but I believe it is mentally. No, I don’t seek a house with however many bedrooms – one for each… it’s just that I keep them, our times, “that”, in my attic (brain) forever.

If you too are interested in that bond, please call me. 867-5309. We’ll do lunch. Hehe.

Love. Loved. Victurd.

No comments: