Saturday, October 04, 2008

(yeah, yeah, oh-yeah, what condition my condition was in)

They say this song was recorded to warn of the dangers of LSD. I’ve never known/done LSD, but me likes the lyric ‘what condition my condition was in’….

I woke up this mornin with the sundown shinin in
I found my mind in a brown paper bag within
I tripped on a cloud and fell-a eight miles high
I tore my mind on a jagged sky
I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in

We awaken. We think of the day before - and how it played out. We’re either satisfied with it or not - then thoughts turn to today (with occasional drifting back to yesterday, yesteryear.)…. Tripping on a cloud and falling eight miles high - sure - could be some chemical ‘enhanced’ trip - but too, it could be divorce, the loss of a loved one, the loss of a job.. Tripping… jagged… what condition my condition was in….

(yeah, yeah, oh-yeah, what condition my condition was in)

I’m very excited about my condition for today. Tonight you see, one of my coworkers is getting married - and there along in the pews will be many current and former co-workers. An entire evening devoted to “us”… No hurries, no gotta get home’s.. some observing of what condition their condition is in (but not judgmentally).. Reflecting.. Recreating..

I pushed my soul in a deep dark hole and then I followed it in
I watched myself crawlin out as I was a-crawlin in
I got up so tight I couldnt unwind
I saw so much I broke my mind
I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in

I’ve noticed something about me. Last night I was IM’ing one.. And this one musta not been in too good’a brain condition.. Coulda been momentary, I dunno.. But it wasn’t smiley… So I departed.. Just like that..

(yeah, yeah, oh-yeah, what condition my condition was in)

My condition is, I want smiles. I gravitate to smiles. I get on these dating sites - and I’m magnetized to the smiley ones. I go to work, I loiter by the smiley ones. Time is precious, smiles are infectious. Frowns drown.

Someone painted april fool in big black letters on a dead end sign
I had my foot on the gas as I left the road and blew out my mind
Eight miles outta memphis and I got no spare
Eight miles straight up downtown somewhere
I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in

Could be Memphis, Kansas City, San Francisco, Manhattan, Tampa, Raytown, Lindsborg, Topeka, Grain Valley, Hooterville, Liberty Missouri…. It’s the same theme.. Smiles melt.. With melt comes cohesiveness.. With cohesiveness comes love.. With love comes happiness… with happiness comes smiles. It’s a wonderful thing this circle of life… I’ve just dropped in..

I said I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in
Yeah yeah oh-yeah

Hooterville, here we come. Smiles there. Cohesiveness.. Love.. Happiness…

Yeah yeah oh-yeah…….. Love, Victurd.

No comments: