Friday, May 18, 2007

Vroom vroom....

Not all that long ago, I'd plan things… an event.. a party… an activity… a group thingamabob - and almost every time I was met with (uh huh, her) the verbage "Victor… not everyone gets as excited about stuff like that as you do."…. Eh, Ok, I'll buy that, I guess…"So what say we just go out, find a bonfire and piss on it? Deal?"

A bit ago, I organized (or tried) to have an employee bowling night out… Up until "a minute ago" at work, we got this daily hideous schoolhouse announcement "Good morning employees, it's now 8 o'clock." A few years back, I'd planned onea those events that "not everyone gets as excited about" - a trip to the Woodlands…. A greyhound track… Insteada the 8am-"I hate this-GD-I can read the clock" announcement --- I found the wav file for "Heeeeeeerrrrrrrrreeeee Commmmmmmessssss Woooooooooooody!!!!" ß the announcement they make at the start of the doggie race. It was silly. It was fun… It wasn't "good morning employees (Please put your Spiderman lunchboxes in the fridge.. Don't forget no running in the halls.. And homework is due when we announce "good afternoon employees [students] it's now 5pm").. it was light.. And liked.

So, I asked for permission to make a bowling announcement. Not granted. Fun, apparently, it not legal. Victor, you're bitching and moaning again. I know, they earned it!

So I made flyers (shortly after - u know me - I winged an email at the decision maker behind the "not granted" involving the words "boo hiss") and plastered them suckers (the flyers) behind every copy machine, scanner, coffee pot, etc.

We had a decent number sign up… but as the day grew nearer, more and more backed out - and all with legit reasons... Six lanes reserved ended up being actually 3 too many.. But that's Ok… Those of us attending - had fun…

We dranka beer, talked about "certain assholes", painted likeness's of them on the headpins (Ok, I embellished some there) - and those of us that 'showed' - had a nice time…

After, we forked over $7 apiece to ride the gokarts at this joint…. (Word to wise: always watch race just aheada you and see which cart is the fastest… jump in line first for the next race… RUN to the fastest car… JUMP in before anyone else is… and then the next morning ask one's self "whyinthefuck did you, the 54 yr old, actually try to leap into that six inches off the ground vehicle when you have no cartilage in your knees, you've previously broken almost every bone you have, and you're dog-tired from bowling four games and bending over like you ain't bent over in the last 12 years?" Because I like winning, that's why!

And I did… but it was the cart… Jana was one tough hombre to pass, but once I got around her (she was the best tactical driver) it was clear sailing to the finish line.

So… I think everyone that came had fun. (Nanny nanny boo boo "Victor… not everyone gets as excited about stuff like that as you do.")…

Ideas popped out from all about "whadda we gonna do next time?"… We need morea that shit… Dunno how your work is.. If there's anything similar organized… I just think there's a need to be together in non-work/non-stress conditions…

No, it wasn't the most incredible evening ever... but it was good... nice... a different take from the every day mundane...

If you're reading this, you work where we work - and you didn't come… we'd love for you to the next time… Just keep your ass outta the #10 Go Kart. Hear? Love, the reigning Ben, Adam, Hoss, Little Joe - Go Kart champ, Victurd.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Vic:

You owe .72 for the company paper and company ink you used for your non-company sponsored event. And the .003 minutes it took you to hang said signage will be deducted from your next check in the form of vacation or sick time - you choose.

Asshole