Thursday, May 17, 2007

Much ado about nothing....

I’m an idiot (but you knew that)… As I sat down to write this, I didn’t/don’t have one iota of an idea on whatinthehell I’m gonna write about… so be prepared!

Laundrymat Saturday. Yes, I was there. I have 7, count ‘em, 7 “dead” washers and dryers in the basement - it’s getting a tad bit crowded so I’ve decided to qo to “quarter mania land” instead.

Anyways… I’d plopped my clothes in the washer (My idea of sortation for four loads is: 2 plastic trash bags fulla clothes… the top ½ of one in the first washer… the rest in the second washer.. And so on…

So……… I had 20-some minutes to smoke cigs - and just enjoy the day.. And the days here have been wonderful… If you happen upon this 30 years from now, it’s been 70-80 damn near every day, pleasant as hell… no sweat… no high electric bills… no high gas bills… well, that is if you have gas hooked up…

Next door to Mr. Goodcents.. Young feller (with 2 yr old little gal toddler) exits Mr. Goodcents and goes to his car… starts strapping her in on the passenger side of the car. Another feller exits Mr. Goodcents… and his car happens to be next to toddler car. He can’t get in driver’s side because dad has door open, is bending over taking great caution to get his little gal strapped in safely.

I happen to briefly know the feller who is now waiting for the dad to get the kid in. (CJ/Gracie, if you’re still here - I think it was Joleen’s husband.) This man - and you hear this all the time - is one of the nicest people I’ve ever met in my life, truly. You couldn’t excite him, you couldn’t shake him - he’s nice. Very nice.

So he’s waiting on dad to close the door…. Standing in the same spot waiting… this goes on for some time.. When one waits, they say every minute is like 3. I’ve seen people wanting to start fistfights at McDonalds… At the Royals game the other night - they had roughly 10,000 people walk up (without buying tickets) and they simply didn’t have the help to accommodate them… (Which leads to the question “whyinthefuck would 10,000 idiots be busting down the doors to see a 14-27 team?”)… More than half of them walked away and pissed away their $9 parking they’d paid.

Soooo… Mr. Nice guy is waiting… Dad doesn’t see him… It’s getting uncomfy to watch… I can see the possibilities of others - like say pretend the dad finally sees the dude waiting and says “hey, I’m sorry” and the person sticks nose in air, huffs… and walks to car without a word. Or… some might even say something… (Maybe the mood I was in two days ago I woulda!)..

Anyways… the father finally catches sight of the guy waiting for him to close the door… backs up… apologizes and says “Oh sir, I’m sorry.”

Drum roll….

How do we respond in life? Remember the other day we talked about saying a little prayer in that millisecond where could respond by lashing out/saying something ugly?

Well… the man I think a whole lot of… he smiles… says… “Hey… it’s ok.. What a beautiful daughter you have.”

I really fucking liked that. It was a simple life moment. Mr. Nice Guy teaches us how to react. It’s a choice. What ended beautiful coulda really been ugly.

If you see similar events - holler at me wouldya? Ok. After I’ve been a complete ass in a couple of blogs of late… I finally listened to my own damn suggestions… I went to the favorite joint of mine for lunch (they serve breakfast anytime…cheap… I love it)… I’d never seen the cashier before… 70-something.. As I handed her my money she popped open the most incredible baby blues I’ve seen in some time. “Have you ever heard ‘beautiful eyes’? “Well, “ she smiled, “maybe a time or two.” I was happy, she was happy. It was a feel good… for each.

I love nice life events. Let’s jump in ‘em. Love, Victurd.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You slept with her didn't you Vic? You male slut :)