Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Pickmeups.......

Life is fleeting, that we’ve deemed. Pick me ups are a fun topics… There are times in one’s life where we liken a nail being pounded into the ground.. then allofasudden – someone/something turns that claw hammer over – yep, a pickmeup…

Animals are pickmeups… When it’s mundane at home – for sure – within a few minutes our dogs or cats will do something to light our eyes…

Pick – me. Pick – me –up! Kinda nifty words when you break it down… We all enjoy being ‘picked’.. We all enjoy ‘up’… Pickmeup.

Emails are pickmeups… Doesn’t have to be long (Victor I hope you’re talking to yourself because you sometimes take four paragraphs to say ONE thing!).. yeah mebbe.. it’s my passion I guess..

Smiles… Waives… Songs… An eyes glued TV show…

Coffee… for some, a cig (I know I know… the two aforementioned ain’t good for you)… well then hell, let’s add an occasional beer…

A child’s giggle… Seeing a beautiful person (either externally or internally)… Getting a compliment.. GIVING a compliment… pickmeups…

After a World Series whadda they do? Yes, I know they say they’re going to Disneyworld – but they pickup someone… Relief pitchers “pickup” the starter… Pinch hitters “pickup” the pace… Role modeling, when favorable – can be a huge pickmeup..

You know – and I know those around who can best sense one’s need of a pickmeup… I’d like to think I can sense when my son needs one… There are those around at work who can sense if I’m ever in need a pickmeup…

There’s lots to hang our hats on as far as pickmeups…. This is a blessed world.. Sad are those that can’t be picked up – and have gone past enjoying the incredible things around us…

Laughter is a HUGE pickmeup… A wink… Sticking your hand out to receive your friends – either a shake, a high five, or the knuckle knock done nowadays…

Reading can be a pickmeup… Sewing.. Cooking… Any kinda hobby… Going to a sporting event… A movie… A walk out in nature… The birds.. Seeing a deer… Sweat from 30 minutes on the elliptical machine thingamabob is a pickmeup…

Partners can be pickmeups… Friends… Relatives.. Believe it or not, even bosses..

There are so so many things in the world we should allow to pick us up… mebbe sometimes just stopping to think and remind ourselves so is a pickmeup..

Ok, on to start the work day… I hope this Egg McMuffin doesn’t make it impossible for someone to someday pickmeup! (I think I’ll be ok though… light is my beer of choice…) Enjoy those things that pick you up.. Pickup a friend.. Wing an email… Dial ‘em up… Waive at ‘em.. Smile at ‘em.. Hell, go pinch a butt.. Maybe this pickmeup stuff can rub off and we’ll have a world fulla pickmeuppers… Why not?!!!

If anyone’s here, you’ve provided me with a pickmeup! Thanks! Love, Victurd.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know me, I'm always here each and every day! Love you too Victor. Have a great week! I'm on vacation...........................nanenanebooboo! Hope this Picks you up today, it did me!
Guess who???
Just me

Anonymous said...

If you think reading is a "pickmeup"......... imagine teaching an 8th grader who could barely read to have the confidence to volunteer to read orally in front of his peers and then write you a letter thanking you for "changing" his life in more ways than he could count! Awesome........beyond imagination!

Check engine light said...

Thanks to both.. Life is a pickmeup! Happy happy.. Victurd.

Unknown said...

Can you pickmeup?