Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The Fork in the Road....

Home from work… went to see niece in hospital… had grabbed a paira shorts and t-shirt in case I still had the oomph to go to the Community Center and workout…. I am probably the only person on the planet who, in past times, has gone to a gym JUST to sit in the sauna… Dunno what it is about ‘em, I love ‘em… I thought about that as I sat in it… I’ve always ‘wanted’ one… People die having wants they never captured…. No, I ain’t running to wherever you buy a sauna to buy one - just a little perspective realization… Now wherethehell was I?

Oh yeah… So I worked out… Actually did 30 minutes straight on the elliptical machine.. (Dear young shits, don’t ever do work where you work on your knees… carpet-layer… concrete pourer/smoother… GD heavy Asian suitcase thrower… you can’t do the treadmill/run when you get older ‘cause the GD knees just ain’t what they usedta be.)… Now wherethehell was I?

Oh yeah… I worked out… Last time I worked out I had “Ms January” on my left… and “Ms. April” on my right.. Makes it a tad bit easier to go to the gym… Not so lucky tonight… I had “Mr. I’myouragebutalittlefatter” on my left and “Mr. Keepupwithmeyouoldwhippersnapperifyoucan” on my right. So, I watched the basketball game that was on TV, and before I knew it… buzzzzzzz… 30 minutes…. To the sauna.. Ahhhh, yessssss…. Now wherethehell was I?

Oh yeah… driving down the road.. My mind was somewhere… I ain’t real sure… maybe still on the “want” thing… I think too I was dreaming and had sold my house - like that’s gonna happen soon - so.. I was definitely in La La Land…. That’s where I was, in La La Land…

I’m going down a two lane road (each way) that turns into one lane… and there’s two, count ‘em, two lefts.. (a quick one and one a few yards further)… I spazzed out… wondered “Now whereinthehell was I?” Ina millisecond - this road, this road I’ve been down many times… my options ran thru my head… STRAIGHT - was to the college I went to… Oh the memories… My mother worked there.. I coulda gone free straight outta HS… didn’t… at age 18 (Ok dammit, I was actually 17 when I graduated… they sent me to kiddygarten at age 4, I musta been a helllion) - at age 18 who wants to run into their mom on campus?… so I went to two other colleges… 1.95 first semester at Maryville (I hada girlfriend back home, my excuse).. Then to Jr College (Skipped class almost every day and hung out at the Student Union DURING class time… results were: 2.00 GPA, but, won ping pong and pool championship.. I became seasoned at both!)… THEN, I finally went to the college where my mother worked… and I loved it…. VERY much… I am a hardheaded idiot… Now wherethehellwas I?

Oh yeah… straight to the college.. Or 2nd left to where I grew up…. Oh baby… whadda house.. No, we weren’t uppity, but that 3 story turna the century had so many hiding places the entire 53 man roster of the Kansas City Chiefs coulda hidden in there and you’da never found ‘em… and just the area, the neighborhood… The best… Now wherethehellwas I?

Oh yeah… Straight - to college…. 2nd left - back ‘home’… No.. I was taking the first left… uh huh, the way to get to my little hangout, The Corner Bar… This, in a nutshell, has been the “progression” of my life.. I was sad when I took the turn… and I sadly giggled aloud as I remembered where I was going - and this whole GD blog idea went thru my head in that millisecond…

Rationalizing, I see people I know there, I can talk to them… (BUT VICTOR, howabout
Church? Or, the Lions Club?… Sertoma?… Bowling even?) BUT I DO BOWL.. Oh, Ok, it’s a computerized bowling game - still fun…

I can’t stand to sit at home… I do go to gym… I do go to visit friends… I do go see relatives… I do work overtime… I do go browse WalMart… but too, I go to my friendly little bar…

It’s not really a ‘want’ in my life… but somehow, some days… at this point.. It fits… Now whereinthehell are you in life? Love, love, love…. Love is all you need… Love, Victurd.

No comments: