Thursday, May 10, 2007

Raindrops on roses....

I ain’t real sure what I think of rain…

Oh I know we need it… reckon it’s kinda like anything else in life.. too much or too little can be hazardous…

The 6 inches we got a few days ago is threatening levies… water up to the tippy top… Roofers and water pump sale’s reps dreams…

I remember rain in Hawaii. It was like “who cares?” Sunny, pleasant – actually felt kinda good and usually only lasted minutes. A gift perhaps, from heaven..

I remember working for an airline chucking suitcases… didn’t mind the cold (you could prepare).. didn’t mind the snow (things are just a little slower).. actually loved the heat (sweatin’ my watoosies off). but working in rain SUCKS. You can’t escape. The rotten little bastards that never ever got up in the airplane to load on their knees (the tough job) allofasudden now eagerly hop up in there to get away from the rain. I guess it was worth it to stay on the ground getting drenched just to ‘say’ I ain’t that kinda person. (And the wimps were few and far between, and we usually had fun scheming retaliation anyways!).

Sitting in a screened in porch right next to – but sheltered from the rain is auditory orgasm.

Don’t rain on my parade. Rainy days and Mondays always get me down. Rain rain go away – come back another day.

Rain is windshield wipers, treacherous footing, muddy clothes, drink, rivers, streams, waterfalls, oceans… life.

Camping in the rain can be nice… I learned early “don’t touch the tent, for if you do you’ll be sorry.”

Rain and baseball don’t mix, but the words “Play Ball” after a rain delay highlighted by a rainbow can be heavenly.

Rain is covered heads, shrinking clothing, the chills, shivering, goose bumps…

Rain comes from the heavens… they’re reminding us they’re there. Reminding us to remember to enjoy each and every day, drop. Quenching us. Assisting us in survival.

I guess bottomline I do like rain. It’s even better than a wet t-shirt contest - the 'goody-goods' are 'entrants' even. May your day be saturated with pleasure, happiness.. and tis my hope you have a thirst for life… drink it all up… and treasure it as it goes down… love, Victurd..

No comments: