Friday, August 31, 2007

She said.....

"Victor... You said to read you 'blog' and see into your heart.....well I see a very lonely person who is doing his best to keep his sunny side up. We've all known lonely Vic....I mean really known lonely. It sucks. We're all looking for Utopia in the opposite sex but I guess we have to find our Utopia in us first.”

He said…. Yeah, mebbe lonely.. but I’m in love with life.. so not totally lonely… Honest, I can be driving my car – as I was about ten minutes ago, and this bigass ole smile flashes as I think of a moment in my life… I’ve been lucky enough to have lived an incredible life..

Utopia? I’m too self deprecating for that.. I’m too keen to the fact we’re human, I’m human.

Gotta sign on my desk… “Transportation is like umpiring… you should start out perfect… and then get better.” (It’s just Northa a my sign that says “A clean desk is the sign of a blank mind”  thank you Kendra)… And kinda Northeast of my sign that says “When Kendra has flatulence, it’s impossible to sit here and type.”.. and a little Westa my note from Kendra with a smiley face and the word “Dork!” written on it.)

I know this person meant well.. and that perhaps the intent was to be happy, like one’s self. That I am. That I do. I get mad at myself, but I likes me.

Sunny side up? You’re damn tootin’. (Although when you’re talking eggs, I’m a scrambled fan.) Life is all about choices. If you work with me, and you don’t know me, there’s a reason. If I see you out in public frequently, but we don’t know each other, there’s a reason. I try to immerse myself with good. Upbeat. Happy. Non-cruel. Light. Loyal. Smiley. Reasonable. Human.

Yes. Lonely. Physically lonely – and I don’t just mean the “oh baby oh baby.” Touch. Big on touch. Sure, ain’t fun to not be able to. But it’s kinda like pullin’ your car into the BBQ joint – you know – sometime – hopefully soon, you’ll be lickin’ your chops.

“Gloom despair and agony on me” until then? Not no’s, but hells no’s. The older I get, the more I appreciate the day, the hour, the minute. I’d like to think I finally “get it.”

However, if you are of the opposite sex… and your name happens to be Utopia… 867-5309. Can call collect if ya wanna.

May your life be sunny side up, and your eggs of your own choosing. Love, Victurd.

No comments: