Wednesday, August 22, 2007

This sympathy shit………

Some days are yummy… some days are yucky… some days there’s yum in yuck, and vice versa…

Yesterday there was some major yuck, but, I really really really really tried to handle it with nonchalance… to show… iT rEaLlY dIn’T eFfEcT mE. Did I do Ok?

Hey, lemme tellya… Your car breaks down, and four chicks at work (innocently for sure) say “well why didn’t you call me… you coulda stayed at my house.”… I got 12, count ‘em 12 emails about “man, sorry about that.” Someone even bought me a 12” sub from Subway. Shit, this sympathy gig is kinda cool! “Oh you poor thing you!” Fuckin A Ray.

I’m thinking’, tomorrow, I might quickly walk out infronta a car doing… oh… 10-12 MPH.. Yeah, that’s enough.. Just a good enough BUMP, it’d knock me (mostly unscathed) to the ground. “Oh Victor, lemme nurse those wounds… you really shouldn’t stay alone.” Shit, I might even get flowers. Dinner. Monies from being litigious with the driver…

Then… in a few days… I can stand just behind the corner of our L-shaped hallway, and wait until I hear voices… time it right so I head around the corner I get waylaid. Yeah.. To the ground… “Victor? Are you Ok? Can I pay for your laundry bill? Would you like a 7-up for your tummy? I kinda enjoyed where you bumped me, can we do that again?”

I could quit work and do this.. Get meals.. New clothing.. Maybe next time we could even jointly fall to the ground, and then hell, who knows after that!

Ok, seriously. Thanks for your good will. I gotta good Willie outta it. (Victor, remember your niece reads this.) Oh yeah, sorry. And so does my 88 year old Aunt in St. Louie. Remember wet Willie’s Eileen? That’s what I was talkin’ about, uh huh…

Ok, seriously. Victor, you can’t lead with that two paragraphs in a row. Ahm, I did. And this time I was really gonna be serious. I was actually so up yesterday because people put me there. People, in general, are nice. My neice said "is there ANYTHING I can do." And it wasn’t just chickies. Dave, Hammer, Jim helped. Today Mikey followed me to auto shop where they will perform car surgery. Leon even said he’d pray the bottomline from the mechanic was low. I love all. Receiving love like that just makes ya wanna send it out yourself tenfold. Truly.

Lemme rephrase. Yesterday was yummy with a little yuck thrown in. Yuck leads to yummy. Arguing leads to making up. Confrontation leads to better understanding and appreciation of another. Southward passion can lead to Northward passion. Differences can lead to agreements.

Where was I? Oh yeah, sprawled on the floor about to get.. VICTOR! Sorry. Tongue in cheek. (Mine, you pervert.)

So, he who wallowed in the pity of his coworkers has learned great lesson from the muck of yesterday. If you see someone down, pick ‘em up. And, if you’re down, fight the urge and be up. Don’t worry (unless you’re overdrawn) be happy. Don’t worry, be happy - don’t worry be happy (unless the mechanic looks at you over the top of his glasses!)…

The landlord (CitiBank) say your rent is late
He may have to litigate
Don't worry, be happy
Don't worry, be happy

In every life we have some trouble (WHAT? BLOWN HEAD GASKET?!!!)
But when you worry you make it double
Don't worry, be happy
Don't worry, be happy now

Ain't got no place to lay your head (Actually, the sofa in the lobby at work was quite comfy)…
Somebody came and took your bed
Don't worry, be happy

Here's a little song I (Bobby McFerin) wrote
You might want to sing it note for note
Don't worry, be happy

Sooooooooooo… lemonade outta lemons? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO…
You cut the lemon in half… eat the yummy stuff.. Then hand the two empty halves to the most endowed one there, and say, “look, I got you a new bikini top!’ (Show them to me… show them to me…right Carrington?)

So, the message (NOT PREACHING, I’m reminding me.) is that bad is always followed by good. Sometimes there’s two bad in a row - but it’s followed threefold by good. So look that bad mother (shut your mouth) right in the eye, and don’t let it get you down.

Lemons/lemonade. Lemons/Pasties.. Yuck/Yummy.. Worry/sympathy.. Ugly events/niceness and concern from those that surround you.

Borrowing from Bruce Willis again…….. YIPPEE KAI YAI MOTHER (shut your mouth)…

Don’t worry, be happy… don’t worry be happy………. Love, Victurd

No comments: