Thursday, August 30, 2007

A real phone call some years ago......

"Hello."

"Hi, my name is Mrs. Smith, and I'm Denton's first grade teacher." (Gulp, what's the kid done? Must be pretty severe for her to call us at home.")

"Well hi Mrs. Smith, I'm Vic, Denton's stepfather.... Denton talks awfully nice about you, and he loves going to school.. so I add that up to the fact you must be doing a very nice job."

"Hey thanks... I appreciate that... the reason I'm calling today...."

"Yes? Yes?"

"Is Denton got put in time out today, and I just felt you should know about it."
(We'll murder the bum... what'd he do? Is anyone hurt? Was there pencil lead involved?)

"Ouch, sorry to hear that... what happened?"

"Well... we were discussing planets."

"Ok"...

"And right in the middle of our discussion he raised his hand."
(Did he ask to go pee right there infronta God and all? Did he cuss? IF SO HE LEARNED IT FROM MOM, NOT ME!!)..

"Yes ma'am.. and what'd he ask?"

"He stood up... and said 'Girls are from Jupiter, that's why they're stupider.' "

I can't remember what I said... but I know it was a good three minutes of covering the phone whilst I laughed and peed my pants a bit..

Ya just gotta love children. And I could see Denton's bright smiley face as he proclaimed this. Handsome kid, but reckon I'm a tad biased. A few weeks later, this first year teacher dialed us up again... seems this time Denton was chasing girls on the playground.. "oh yeah.. how come he was??"... "because they were hitting him."

As the year went on, Denton adjusted to life with the first year teacher, and they grew pretty nicely together.

Whew... long day today... short blog.. I'm scooting to find the nearest napping spot... May life be nice to you.. May you be nice back.. love, Victurd.

No comments: