Monday, August 06, 2007

But then again..........

I sweat and sweat and wipe it all off… phew, mid-August… but then I thinka the roofer putting tar atop the roof 5 days a week, 8 hours a day…

I look at Pedro (my ahem) and feel sorry for all his inactivity of late (of the past year, of the past six friggin years!) but then I thinka John Bobbit.

I thinka the mundane same ole same ole my life has been of late - then I thinka Reid and Soanya (the 55 yr old dude, 23 yr old dudette attempting to sail continuously for 1000 consecutive days - they’re on day 106) and how they ain’t seen shit different in a long, long time. Newness for them is a fish following the boat.

I thinka my friends as they go from the exhilaration of new relationships - to where they get to the point of “looking at the house they were gonna settle in a second time” and noticing the cracks, the this-n-that that ain’t perfect. But then I think for one to finally enjoy the zest when IT IS right, we’ve got to overcome the hurdles when it ain’t.

I thinka a co-worker who tries their ass off, then they have an oversight and feel like crap about it… but then, there are those in employ who can’t do much more than alphabetize files - and at least the oversight is lessened because at least they ‘get it.’

I remember back to “missionary or nothing” from awhilst back, and feel sorry for myself… then I thinka gay men. Them poor sumbitches never getta face one another. Hehe.

I get depressed when I logon to my bank site and see how much money I don’t have… then I think John The Penny Man in our hometown. He was mentally affected many moons ago when a gun someone was cleaning went off and hit him in the head. He walks, and walks, and walks, miles and miles every day checking each pop machine coin slot, every machine in every Laundromat in our town - and he’s tickled if by 8pm he’s got enough to buy a pop at the Corner Bar. (Thankfully, if it’s been a bad day, suckers like me pitch in.)

The little boy who didn’t have the latest/greatest version of Nike’s felt sorry for himself until he saw the kid with holes in his shoes. That kid felt sorry for himself until he saw the barefooted kid. He bemoaned about that until he saw the kid with no feet.

No matter the turn, no matter how low, no matter how bad it seems to get -we’re fortunate to be here. I SALUTE you all. (MAN am I glad I’m not John Bobbit.) Love, Victurd.

No comments: