Saturday, June 02, 2007

Seeya Tuesday.....

Ohhhh the internet… Today I’ve piddled on YouTube again…. If you’re a music junky, or a nostalgia freak - I highly recommend it…

I’d heard “Mockingbird” sung last weekend at a karaoke joint.. And it was done quite well… Me being the fanatical music person I am, except for a very few of my favs, I have absolutely no idea in hell - who sang what, and what year… (If you seen the commercial on TV with the kids in the car singing to “Ticket to Ride” and they’re serenading “SHE’S GOT A CHICKEN TO RI-IDE.” That’s me, I don’t know lyrics either. I would have to be in an urn to get caught karaokying (sp?)…

Nonetheless… music is so GD (gosh darn) good for the soul… and as I sit in fronta the computer and watch YouTube, I can make Ray Charles 26 again… I can find that Carly Simon and then husband James Taylor sang Mockingbird (1974)- and that is was a remake of Inez & Charlie Foxx - who? I see a young, mostly cocky, longhaired 20-something Taylor (Tshirt/Jeans) wisking across the stage to relive the 70’s… then I fast forward to his next song listed “You’ve Got a Friend” from 1998 - and you see the difference in looks (calm, composed, mostly bald, dress shirt, earplugs in for technical purpose…)… quite a difference.

Life is fleeting…

I watch and listen in awe to Marvin Gaye…. Back to Ray for some 1967 Ed Sullivan show “What’d I say?”… forward to the gray headed (wonderful) version of “A Song for You”… Sad… Father Time is…

The to Louis Armstrong’s Wonderful World… some kiddo did a video to the song… (And Louie’s original is on there too…).. Believe me, I know my take on music doesn't exactly match everyone's take... but the point is... if you're bored and you want a good time... memories... to feel emotional... go to YouTube and seach your fav..

Finally… I wanted to hear Louie sing “Mack the Knife”… I know it wasn’t ‘his’.. but he sang it well… and I found it from the old Flip Wilson show of all places…

Sunday (or Saturday) spins… with gas at $3.29, have now become YouTube go-see’s….

Teacher told her class of 5th graders.. “We’ll have a question every Friday… and if anyone can guess the correct answer.. Then we won’t have school on Monday.” YEAH.. Excited and eager they were….

First week: “How many grains of sand in the Sahara Desert?” followed by a huge huge group moan….

Second week… “How many are buried in the Arlington Cemetary?” Again, an in unison groan.

Little Johnny had an idea… He worked on the project Thursday night… Comfortly tucked his project in his jeans Friday morning…

Just before school release… Teacher gets up in front again… The excitement of the kids isn’t nearly what it was when this all started.. - but Johnny was ready… Just when “Today’s question is” popped out… Johnny took out the two golf balls he’d spray painted black and rolled them at the teacher….

“ALL RIGHT… WHO’S THE COMEDIAN WITH THE BLACK BALLS?”

“Flip Wilson… seeya Tuesday teach!”

Love, Victurd.

No comments: