Thursday, December 14, 2006

Sticks and stones....

If you've hung on long enough here - #1 I ask why and whatthehell is wrong with you! #2 I say, I would hope, after reading long enough - you would realize there's not a mean bone in my body. Yes, I use sarcasm... yes, I use humor (or try)... yes, stuff's mostly true - but I embellish..

Yesterday I received an email from a co-worker (a non-reader of the blog) who was very hurt by something that was written here... My gut hurt all day. I rolled over in bed and lay awake for hours. The fact that something I'd written here hurt someones feelings literally tore me up. I hate hurt more than anything in the world... In fact, because I at times "get-outta-the-way" of controversy - it's probably set me back in jobs, relationships, parenting, lotta things.

I went back and reread the portion that was related to her that upset her so. Yes, I probably would have been upset too - but rereading it again allowed me to have comfort with myself - for I saw what I had written and knew there was no harm intended toward the person that was hurt.

Do I have hatrid toward people? No, I really don't think I do.. There are diddies within all people I don't agree with, nor am particularly fond of (and that waaaaay includes me).. but I don't hate folks.

I was gonna scrap this whole son-of-a-bitch (the blog) and either never write again - or - run and hide to a new-named blog --- but I'm comfy in my own skin -- comfy I don't have hatrid for anyone...

Two of the most important things in life to me are writing and my job... Yesterday I truly considered giving up both. Nope. Nada. Huh uh. Again, I'm comfy in my own skin. If you've noted, I fairly frequently bash myself here... There are behaviors of others that cause me to bash those behaviors - behaviors such as whispering.. I fucking hate whispering.

However. I love all people... I used a 'label' to describe someone during a certain instance.. actually - it was on two occasions after re-reading.. I absolutely shoulda (and will in the future) add the whatever the linguistically called thing it is (noun-ending? you know.. like 'like') in the future.. Frankenstein-like.. Forrest Gump-like.. Again, I love all people and never meant to offend... Again, I'm comfy in my own skin, even if it is Albino-like, too GD red, etc., etc...(I'd give ANYTHING to tan!) Love, Victurd

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It would be a sad, sad thing if you quit writing!! You have a real talent, and I can't imagine it could be taken in a hurtful way. That's not you, Mr Milktoast!
(I only call you that as my co-workers kid me with that nonconfrontational nickname!!)

Anonymous said...

Victor, If you quit writing, how would I ever start my day??? How would lot of people start their day??? How would you start your day??? You make too many people smile every day either here or elsewhere. Don't you dare stop writing!!!! What a waste of talent that would be!!!! Don't worry be happy!!!

Rae