Saturday, May 06, 2006

Things you'd liketa say but can't...........

Recently we'd left a roundtable party - I'd participated in maybe 2% of the conversation amongst eight or nine of us.. After my departure, Jan remarked "that Victor is just so remarkably quiet." Yes, that I can be. I am sure I have friends who will say the opposite - I've always had a little smartass in me - and occasionally it (talking too much) eeks out amongst guys... but for the most part I'm a listener. Listening rocks, I think.

Better to be thought a fool than to open mouth and confirm it. Low self esteem? Perhaps in certain situations, yes. Is the brain always working? Yes. Am I always keenly awaiting the chance for a ten second stand-up comment? Yes. Do I feel left out because I don't contribute as much as others in conversation? No. Do I think any less of myself because I'm not the most frequent contributor? No.

Part of listening is occasionally talking to one's self and thinking of things you'd really like to say. Such as - here at work - "here _____, please use this Kleenex to wipe the brown off your nose.. it was buried for sometime up ____ _________'s ass."

The following are not planned, they're simply coming off the top of my head (That's "first tee" talk for it probably ain't gonna be funny, nonetheless - here goes.")

Do you Mormans own jeans?.... No.. no ketchup, I prefer my French Fries bland...
Hell YES I want my change back... Those things are amazingly perpendicular, are they real?....

No, it's Ok, I prefer listening to real loud people... To the ladies (sorry, it's true, the guy's nice, the ladies ain't!) who work the 'Service Counter' at the local Price Slasher "looky here lady, this is a f-in dollar bill. I choose where I spend it. You never smile when I walk up here - you always act like you're too GD uppity to wait on me. Nine times outta ten you don't say 'hi' after I do. I really think there should be a 'cob' inspection prior to you clocking in for this position."

Yes, absolutely I believe since your position is superior to mine it gives you every right to condescend.

YES.. I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR YOUR CALL! SIGN ME UP FOR A YEAR. I'll take the Aeration, Seeding, Grub control, Post-emergent Crabgrass control, Nutsedge control,
Disease control. I'm at 307 ___ Drive. (I live at 305 ___ Drive and the neighbor Kravat's lady grabbed my son's arm years back - I ain't talked to her since.)

No, it's ok, go ahead. I think it's completely normal to watch two men (or two women) sharing tongues. I like to keep my 7 year old guessing about life anyways.

To the free sample person at Price Slasher "Wow, these are REALLY good, would you mind if I had the entire tray?"...

Gee boss, thanks. Before my raise, I was really really worried about how I was going to afford the recent two-cent increase in postage to pay my bills.

Close ur ears Gracie. We've all had these thoughts at one point in our life: My, my, you've got a nice _____ (ass, pair, figure, face, bod, personality, seductive look, pair of eyes, etc) - would you be interested in a slumber party?

Ok - time for me to go to work. See? A lotta the above sounds angry. I ain't, I really ain't. I truthfully don't condemn gays - I just don't condone it for myself. I'm not wild about viewing a French kiss in public - it's just hard to understand. If my son, cousin, friend, etc, were to announce "I'm gay" - I'd love 'em the same. Just might be careful huggin' on 'em, but I'd love 'em the same.

The chicks at Price Slasher? It's really only a couple - and they truthfully are bitches - but they give all a bad name.

Mosta the time I enjoy listening more than talking. I find it highly educational. How much can one learn with their mouth open? Anything that comes out you already know, understand.

A penny for your thoughts. I know that ain't a great return on a quarter - but I'd love to hear of instances where you remain quiet - but would give anything to say ________________________. Please share that situation with us, I'd love to listen.
Happy Saturday, bye bye now.

No comments: