Thursday, March 16, 2006

Thanks......

In spite of 92 friggin tornadoes Sunday, we here in the State of 'Misery' enjoy our seasons.... Back in the dinosaur days, I was a PE teacher and annually you could just about count on being able to go outside for PE as of March 15th. Whew, we made it.

Saw an add the other day for St. Petersburg, FL.. "292 days of sunshine per year." Yes, that does sound good - but would the excitement of "it's going to be awesome weather soon" be lost? If I lived in Florida, in five years would I look liked some here who toast 4-5 days a week at Nutri Tan? (Hell no, probably not.. I'm one of those fair-skinned redheaded brats that had to wear a T-Shirt at the local pool as a kid, yes, laughed at by others.)

Speakin' of the local pool.. (Dammit Victor, stay on course.. are you ADHD?.. Geez, I dunno.. I do twiddle my thumbs frequently.. but in our day, they called that "can't sit still.").. Ok, the local pool. Where I grew up (ok dammit, you ask how long ago.. I'm talking early 60's.. born '52).. the High School football coach owned the local 'public' swimming pool. We had one hell of a running back - cept, problem was, this fella was the wrong color to swim at Coach's pool. "Yup, here boy, go get me some yards.. but hells no you ain't swimmin' in my pool." Gosh, he must be proud of himself.

Back to Spring. I know I've written stupid articles on Spring, but screw you (sorry) it's worth repeating! The robins are repetitive so what the hey? Daylight savings (no depression driving home from work as it gets dark.) Shorts soon happen. Women wear less. I don't care, call me a pig - if one can't appreciate the opposite sex - I think it's stupid not to. And I'm certain you women are piggies too and enjoy seeing a decent pair of legs.....

It starts with March Madness... the next step is all the Home Depots, Lowes, etc setting their bedding plants out.. then, bright night lights for the little league snotnoses.. grass growing - ah the smell of freshly cut grass.. We smile more from March to June than we do from November to February (ceptin' maybe Thanksgiving/Christmas time)...

Relationships, as well as flowers, seem to flourish. People look healthier - and to see a reddened face at work Monday morning usually means an accompanying good story is attached to it..

Geez what a contrast if you were to live in Antarctica or Brazil maybe. I wonder if they get a true appreciation of life?

I hope your spring is wonderful. I hope it's filled with smiles, fun and appreciation. I hope you get as excited as I. When they remind us "Spring forward, Fall back" do you think they're referring to depression? (I know I know, it's for the clocks - as well as a reminder to replace your smoke detector batteries <-- please do that one, a smoke detector just saved Gabby's life.)

Oh... remember Gabby? Good person, bad shit happening.. House burned down, she'd saved her deceased daughter's room as it was for the last 10-12 years since she's been gone. All those memories now gone. A nice ending. For hours we searched for cherished items thru the scarred/charred remains. We did find some keepsakes - but we gave up on the one real prize Gabby wanted to find - her daughter's class ring. Lo and behold she came into work Tuesday beaming.. Her pa happened to stop by the 'house'... there glimmering at him was a tiny red stone. He stooped and picked up the class ring. Yeah. Nice to see a good thing happen to a good person.

Spring forward, Fall back.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»