Thursday, March 30, 2006

Now THAT'S Customer Service......

Can you get sued by what you write in a blog? There are two grocery stores in our fine little town. "Price Slapper" and "High V". (The names are changed to protect the innocent! --> me, to keep me from getting sued!)

High V. Uppity. The store for those with three garage doors. Hire young sprites who've had the benefit of fluoride toothpaste all these years.. I think "Honor Society" in High School is a prerequisite.. and, I think the head honcho in HR is probably a perve as all the checkers are cute snotnoses that wear very tight khakis. Cheery. Giggly. There for you. To serve. Thankful.

Price Slapper. Hire old hens whose typical school of thought tends to be "GD I wish Ernest earned more, I HATE it here." The sackers appear to be slackers, and anything over a 2.5 grade point average disqualifies you. Worse, the continually growing lower middle class chicks who work at the Service counter - they always appear as if they're thinking "whatinthehell do you want" - for, as you walk to the counter they are always looking another direction - and they've not learned "hi" is a decent response to "hello." <-- I hate when that happens. I dunno, there's something about handing my money to someone, saying hi and getting no response that bugs me almost as much as a lush yard without a dandelion.

Gracie and I rolled into High V to buy dog food - and dog treats. YES, Jersey deserves them - she's one of the finest dogs I've ever had the pleasure of being around. Gracie swears I like Jersey better than her. Hehe. So... we have two $10 Gift Cards.. Total comes to $11.58. "Oh no" the tight khaki panted upper middle class Honor Society one thought to herself as we approached. "Now what do I do." While all that thinking was going on unsaid - she summoned some computer geek looking slightly older snotnose to assist. A pro, he tried to parlay.

He scanned the first card.. took the $10 off... Scanned the second... Sacked our food - gave us one of those "too rosey" smiles - and then forgot which one he'd scanned the entire $10 off. Soooooooooooo, he undid everything, got a little nervous as he'd tried to come off to us and the young snotnose as if "I'll be runnin' this joint in ten years" ------ rescanned one $10 card... then the other.. Uh oh. It was blank.

So... he'd scanned both cards - neither was now good - and the couple driving the Lincoln behind us were by now aghast - and switched lines.

To save the day - a truly bright young lass - calm, composed - walked our way to untangle. She apologized for our inconvenience... led us to the customer service counter... we thought we'd be there for thirty minutes so they could figure out howinthehell they'd put $8.42 back onto the card.. Wrong. She did something that's rare nowadays...

She pulled out a new $10 card - again apologized - and sent us on our way at a cost of $1.58 to her store. Unheard of. Damn good common sense. CUSTOMER SERVICE to the utmost. She'd realized we'd been inconvenienced (hell, we felt sorry for both of the snotnoses - we weren't mad.)... I wish I'd gotten her name so I could write a kudos letter about her to the pervert HR guy...

The moral of the story... Customer Service is a wonderful trait. Will I now continue to fully support, visit High V due to this? Not no's, but hells no. Price Slapper is much cheaper. Criminy, we're talking bucks here. I can put up with the folks who don't wanna be there if their bread is .17 cents cheaper. Happy day, bye bye now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»