Friday, March 10, 2006

Do overs......

Ain't that like the spilt milk thing? I don't give a rats... If I could have do-overs, I'd take college more seriously versus engaging in conversations about which Zeta had the nicest butt... We did that enough it probably shoulda been on our transcript - but I can't think of too many realms that woulda helped with....

Please don't laugh. I was voted "friendliest" in the Senior superlatives in high school. I guess I was - but I also felt I was possibly "clique-ish" and that kinda bugs me... If I could do it over, I woulda diversified my friends in high school more.

I woulda studied compound interest. If I woulda put away 10% of every dime I ever made, me thinks I woulda been able to quit working years ago...

Two years... That'd be the MINIMUM I would have lived with someone prior to ever getting married..

More fortitude with Maynard. You remember him.. He's the 20 year old that lives on the couch 24/7 and frequently nurses his Playstation two hand blisters.

Spent more one on one time with my grandparents. Oh we went to visit tons, and we did spend a lot of time together - but what a wonderful way to attach the generations/times.

I woulda been a psychology major insteada a PE major.

I woulda went to a dentist that uses gas and gone more frequently.

I woulda had somebody, ANYBODY, train me in the art of organizing bills, managing my stash...

I woulda been less afraid to ask someone I'd wanted to ask out - out.

Ok, that's just a few... I feel lucky, there are WAY more "glad I did's" than "do-over" wishes.

But I'd love to turn tomorrow into a do-over world. People call me quiet. Laid back. I guess I am - but I prefer to think of it more as measuring the situation, tryin to see from so-and-so's shoes..

God grant me the fortitude to act tomorrow the way I know I should, say the things I know I should.. behave the way I know I should...

We can't go back, but we start anew every day. God give us all these sunrises to fuck things up (Pardon my French... why do they say that? Is fuck really French?).. I only use the word fuck for impact... Yes, it's a disgusting word, but for whatever reason it's like the old EF Hutton commercials - people listen. Victor dammit, you're wondering again... oh, ok, sorry. I vow to start tomorrow not a new me - but, to be/live a 'me' that I will be proud of in the fact I was honest with myself.

We've learned you can't please everyone - but if we can please ourselves without hurting others, then I say what the hey, let's do it.

I'm gonna have to reread this crap, I ain't certain it makes sense! (I'm tired, had a bigass steak/ribs at Texas Roadhouse...two beers... it's almost 1am.. I think that "posted time" is like friggin Hawaii time or something - it's always wrong.)

Happy Saturday. If you're off, live it without having to lay down Saturday night and wishing you had do-overs. If you have to work - make it a goal to plant a smile on someone's face that ain't got one. Compliment someone. Buy something for a dollar for someone to let them know you're thinking of them. Call an old friend. Call a new friend. Plant a flower. Get out in nature. Lay on your back in bed for ten minutes and think good thoughts.

Oh yeah, have sex, that usually helps too... no?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

Anonymous said...

I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»