Thursday, December 27, 2007

Of life and hamster wheels…….

The notion conjures up pleasurable, at least for the hamster. Aerobic, mebbe, pleasurable, for certain.

What is your “hamster wheel”? We’ve done float your boat.. We’ve asked for “feel goods”. We’ve mentioned “mad, amorous.” We’ve talked “glass half full.” “I’m in love with”…”Love/hate.”

We ain’t discussed “the wheel.” (Watch the wheel, oh Vanna)…

Is there anything, in your recollection, that likens a hamster on a wheel? Really kinda going nowhere, but, to him, he’s going “everywhere.” Tantric almost. Tantric for certain.

When are you tantric?… Oh… I see… . Well, reckon we all are that/then… it’s kinda the weirdest, mebbe most wonderful thing about life itself - and it’s a let-urself-go kinda feel. Absolutely NOTHING like when we sit in our cubicles. Huh-uh, nope, it ain’t at all like the leisure times around friends. It doesn’t at all resemble life from the 43rd row at the St. James Catholic Church (Just shoot me “M”, the hamsters did remind me of Catholic)…

To me, the hamster on the wheel is an outta-control feel good. There are every day feel goods. Obviously, we’ve just witnessed holiday feel goods. We people watch, immerse ourselves in others, and we have friend/loved one/coworker feel goods.

I’m talking tantric here. Hamster spinning outta control…

Are you ever that? WHEN?

Victor, we’ve hung around this forlorn place long enough to know, you’re gonna tell us exactly when you feel tantric… like the little hamster on the wheel….

Very good… You saved my fingers some keyboard exercise…

I suppose I am tantric with that first one you suggested. “S” is so unlike anything else we do on this planet, I reckon that enables tantric to be, Ok.

Gambling. Spin that wheel all night. I once sat 24+ hours at a blackjack table in Vegas. Spin, spin, spin. Going nowhere, but, will see the result when I get off the wheel. It is a rush to me, and rush equates to tantric.

Kid’s sports. I am tantric about kid’s sports. I love anything and everything involved. The kid’s smiles, trepidation, gung-ho’edness, fervor, apathy, fortitude,… the same with the parents.. The concern they have, the space they give or don’t give… the collective group… We act like a GD hamster on a wheel at kid’s sporting events. Stupid, but we do it anyways.

Dance floor. If one were to compare record speeds (33, 45, 78... If you’re a pup, you’ll never understand) with dance style… ‘tantric-ness’… I’m officially a 33. However.. I’ve danced with tantric 45’s and “oh hell” one or two tantric 78’s. Movement. Stupid. Good. If all that makes sense.

Grown up sporting events. Ever watch the TV, see eight guys on the front row topless in 20-something degree weather with each wearing one letter of their school of infamy? Like W-I-L-D-C-A-T-S? I have. Ever seen a touchdown scored, and they zeroed in on an accountant-type who loves his beloved 2-7 team and he flashes the “we’re number one” finger whilst jumping up and down for the first exercise he’s had in three weeks? Tantric. I have seen ‘em.
Ever view the folks sitting behind the basket during a nationally televised game.. Whilst the free-throw shooter prepares to launch? I have. It’s tantric. Some waive this way, some the other, some jump up, some down. Tantric behavior.

Little kids… Exiting the car, finally getting into the McDonald’s “Ball land.”… running up to the entrance of DisneyWorld/Land… the long awaited drive to granny’s.. their leap from the car… anything with pent up excitement… they’re tantric… on the hamster wheel.. Still going…

A heartfelt argument. Sure. We lose it. We’re in motion, the GD wheel is spinning, we say, do things we wish we wouldn’ta, but when the GD wheel is in motion, it’s pretty damn tough to not get caught up in it.

And finally… sometimes life itself is like a hamster wheel… We go to work on Monday… we finally get home on Friday.. And we feel like we’ve been on that GD wheel, haven’t been able to do this, do that, promise we will this weekend… Tantric, life can be tantric.

Ole ‘whatshername’ usedta say (I know Cyn, I should “let it go”!) “I do it all.” From her shoes, in the relationship, she was tantric, the hamster on the wheel.. Uh huh, I’d concur. About the living room, the dining room, the kitchen, the bathroom, the basement, the attic, the garage. Did I miss a room? Hehe.

Hamster’s on a wheel are fun. In life, when we’re so emotionally invested in something, it’s a rush too. I’m not sure if I’d rather be 100% even keel, or, 50% up (on the wheel), 50% down.

Either way… this blog is a way to have a squeaky wheel. May there be aspects in your life where you wanna continue it ‘forever’ by staying on the wheel. May you have the control to put your ‘paw’ down when it’s time to slow down.

I wonder if that has anything to do with why they don’t live so long?

Happy evening, love, Victurd.

No comments: