Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Drea-ea-ea-ea-eam, dream, dream, dream

We all dream. Since we were kids, we’ve dreamed. When we’re kids - we truly believe these dreams can come true.. Lucky ones, they make them come true…

Late in school… high school… college… we have immediate dreams.. Being a parent - and what’s it’s like, how rewarding it is… We dream of “our own” house - most come to know this dream - and it’s satisfying, rewarding.. We do have those children.. We now see the view from our parent’s view, and we cherish observing the view we once had from our children’s shoes… Those dreams are relatively easy to achieve… (Admittingly trying, don’t get me wrong.)…

I know very, very few dreamers in the 30-40 year old range who have the patience and wherewithal to forge ahead in life - planning their dream for age 50, 60, 70 and beyond… Sometimes I think those kinda people forsake “living” as 30, 40-somethings.. But when they arrive at 50,60, 70 and have their wants, their wishes, their dreams - then maybe I think I’m the one that has it bassackwards…

Most, as we grow older, we become realists… The 401K is what it is (if it even is).. We’re “worked out” as far as “I wanna be this…. I’m gonna be this… I wanna do this..” We’ve done our time “wiping butts”, driving the mini van to games, sitting thru two hour programs to see the 45 second glimpse of our children whilst they’re in the spotlight… They grow, they slowly lose constant touch, need, connection… they begin their own dreams..

As we grandparent, we again find ourselves wiping butts, driving to games, sitting thru two hour programs to see the 45 seconds of fame… and if we’re lucky (I guess) our children are smart enough to plot out their lives at age 50, 60, 70 and beyond…

So what are we left to dream about now? It ain’t about having kids, we’ve done that… twice… It ain’t about the workplace - we count the friggin days, months, years until we can “get the hell outta here.”

We’re all unique.. We all dream different crap… (Gee Victor, something tells me you’re gonna share your dreams.) Why yes, yes I think I will.

I dream of meeting an equal. Someone to lean on as we both start to fall. Someone I can show a genuine interest in their day, their thoughts, their wants, their past, their future… This dream, I guess, is possible…

I look at “the clock”.. and I see mebbe twenty good years left… I didn’t demonstrate the ‘oomph’ at 30, 40-something to plan for 50,60,70 - so what makes me think at 50-something, I will keep my old bod in shape to do the shit at 70-something I wanna do? (Of course, it’s the assholes I see at the gym that are these premeditated 30, 40-somethings who will be running 5K races in the 69 and up bracket someday.)

My dreams are reasonably simple. Of course - “her”. If I could just find that dream, the RIGHT dream - I’d consider myself a lucky man.

Then… aside from many, many moments of pretending to be a GD teenager, newlywed, horndog young pup - I’d wanna share other stuff…

My stuff (stuff = dream)… travel (and OF COURSE, her stuff).. Travel as in NOT American Airlines here-to-there, rental car, this tropic, that tropic, this rental car, that spiffy hotel, this 7 utensil dinner, this “I gotta get my suit outta the cleaners”… huh uh…

My 401K is more like a 200.5k. So my idea of travel, my dream… is to just go.. Yes… perhaps have a vehicle that can double as a ‘motel’… Doesn’t have to be a 40’ Windjammer “look at me towing this Lexus, I only get 3 miles per gallon but it’s cool because I was fucking premeditated in my 30, 40-something planning, and I can afford it.” That dream never came to fruition. I wouldn’t begin to know which end of an uncut cigar to cut. I can’t spell Hylton, let alone afford to stay there.

My dream would be “hippy-ish”. Take what money is there. And go. Go as far as we can, and when we run outta money, we drop anchor. Make s’more, somehow, and go again when we feel like it. Oh, we’d carry a cell phone for those moments like “Ohhhh, we’re in Cheyenne, Wyoming, and as much as we’d love to ‘be right there’ to help, we just can’t… hope you understand.” Then we’d click the phone off, go back to many, many moments of pretending to be a GD teenager, newlywed, horndog young pup.

Where we going? When will this end? Where do we wanna be by when? I wanna meet the one that answers those questions with “like who gives a ratsass.” And then we go back to many, many moments of pretending to be a GD teenager, newlywed, horndog young pup. (The way I see it, all those missed, premeditated “plan for my fitties, sixties and seventies by spending hella time in the gym” - I’D NEED A DAMN GOOD WORKOUT DAILY. (Yes, I know the pills would be expensive, but me thinks CVS is a nationwide kinda thing.)

Key West. Cooperstown. Upstate NY. NY. The four dead guys in granite. The open far upper western US… Highway 101.. Vegas. The Grand Canyon. The Rockies.. ‘Nawlins”.. The Gulf.. The Carolina’s.. (AND OF COURSE, HER POINTS THROWN IN TOO!)... The true goal would be to indoctrinate as many CONUS as possible with many, many moments of pretending to be a GD teenager, newlywed, horndog young pup.

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPP, BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPP, BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP…. GD alarm clock… Huh? Wha? What day is it? Sunday? No, it’s Friday… DAMMIT.. Off I go.. Wow, that was a nice dream..

Let’s see… Eleven years from Social Security… Predicted twenty “good ones” left (The Lord willing.).. Where TF are you?

With a shout out to the Everly Brothers……..

I can make you mine, taste your lips of win Anytime night or day Only trouble is, gee whiz I'm dreamin' my life away

I need you so...that I could die... I love you so and that is why... Whenever I want you, all I have to do is Drea-ea-ea-ea-eam, dream, dream, dream Drea-ea-ea-ea-eam

I can make you mine, taste your lips of wine Anytime night or day.. Only trouble is, gee whiz I'm dreamin' my life away

I need you so that I could die.. I love you so and that is why... Whenever I want you, all I have to do is Drea-ea-ea-ea-eam, dream, dream, dream Drea-ea-ea-ea-eam, dream, dream, dream Drea-ea-ea-ea-eam, dream, dream, dream …

Ahm… is sweet dream ok in closing? Love, Victurd…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

vic, it seems there's no in between with you--you either make me laugh or cry.--N