Tuesday, January 08, 2019

Be afrayed, be very afrayed...........

Victor, you can't spell. I know, but too, I bet even Karthik Nemmani had to stop and think when he won the Scripps National Spelling Bee recently by correctly spelling koinonia. (It means Christian fellowship or communion with God, or, more commonly, with fellow Christians.)

I spelled "afrayed" on porpoise. Fray, as Karthik assuredly knows, means "show the effects of strain', that, being an emotion.

Turn left if you ain't a fan of emotion, because I'm addict to emotions, all of 'em. The good, the bad, the fugly.

Nick Sabin, Alabama coach, mid suffering the very worst game of his coaching career, thrust his hands up in the air, as if to say "I give up." He didn't, he wouldn't, but it was an emotion he'd never experienced, and just my take, he'll be an even better man/coach for having lived that emotion.

Dabo Swinney, the Clemson (winning) Coach..Lord who wouldn't wanna play for that guy. Biggest smile ever, thanked God, the players, the coaches, the fans, darn near everyone - it was fun to see, feel his emotion.

Relationships, ohhhhh relationships (or not).. Ah, the emotion(s).. Happy - sad - glad - mad - silent - loud - pissed - loving - admiration - selfish - giving - worry - fray - oh baby, oh baby. Yum. Up, down, in-between and all around.

These emotions, they come'a knockin' on one's door and we greet them in various ways. We go overboard. We hide. We cuss. We lash out. We love, hug. We (not all, I know) drink, smoke, eat, lots, waaaaaay to much. We handle (or not) on a scale from Andy Taylor to Barney Fife. Thankfully, even when the heightened Barn was frantically digging in his pocket for his bullet - he still had 'oh baby' Thelma Lou to fall back on.

I have a loved one who is about to begin a new job TODAY, a wonderful opportunity. This loved one has been stressing (as has his mate, "because it's contagious!") worried about what all he needed to begin the job, getting all the right things from the DMV, confusion on what to wear, "been praying all morning that we've prepared adequately"... To me, that is the emotion of worry, and from 66 years of growing wrinkles I deduct "those that worry, do well."

Life is full of flat tires, strikeouts, home runs, taking the training wheels off the bike, saying goodbye, saying hello, wins, losses, even ties. Also included is storming off, many hugs, handshakes, Rolaids, agreeing to disagree, cussing, Blood Pressure meds, doting, admiring, silence, lears, heads turned, eyes rolled, and uh huh, ahm, making up. Oh baby, the making up.

Life is yummy, fuzzy, "I don't wanna go thru this", "I hope this feeling never ends", "I'm so mad I could punchya", "I'm so happy I could cry." Yada.

I, VKS, do hereby admit to times in the past of having a beer or seven to simply make me numb enough to be able to fall asleep at night. The older I get (I ain't sure I'm any wiser) the easier it is for me to fall asleep thanks to a compilation of emotions from the day getting me to a different wonderful numb.

"Gratitude is the healthiest of all human emotions. The more you express gratitude for what you have, the more likely you will have even more to express gratitude for." Zig Ziglar

(Humor, laughter, it's an emotion ain't it?:

A string walks into a bar with a few friends and orders a beer.. Barkeep says "I'm sorry, but we don't serve strings here"..

The string goes back to his table.  He ties himself in a loop and messes up the top of his hair.  Walks back up to barkeep and orders a beer.

Barkeep squints at him, says, "Hey, aren't you that string?"

String says "Nope, I'm a frayed knot.")

I'm gonna get outta here now. Hopeful to go, see, do, have, further emotions on this wunnerful day.

If it's remotely possible today, emote (Don't be afrayed). It's a good, bad, happy, sad, yum, sucky, human kinda thing.

Love, Victurd

No comments: