Monday, January 01, 2018

ARE WE THERE YET, ARE WE THERE YET? HUH? ARE WE?

HEY!.. Woahhhhhh Nellie! Slow down there big fella, where ya goin'?

Well, reckon I ain't real sure.

Well, when I cranked up this 1990-something computer a bit ago, aside from the normal molasses, up flashed 11 degrees below zero, so me thinks I ain't going anywhere for the time being. In a bit, I'll run (Ok, drive, should my car happen to crank)to store, get some groceries I neglected to see on my list from when I went Saturday.

No Victor, I mean where ya goin' in 2018?

Oh. It's time we do that?

Ahm, can you think of a better time than the beginning of the year?

OK, reckon you're right, you're always right...are you a woman? (jk,kinda!)

I really hadn't thought too much about "where I'm going." You?

Howabout, let's write the last page ("And they lived happily ever after"), then, backtrack and fill it with all kinds of good stuff?

Ok, like what?

Ahm, maybe getting rid of barriers.

You mean like those ones at the Intersection of 210 and 435? I agree, them suckers been there forever...

Well, while I do agree, and have been tied up in traffic there many a time, that's actually not the kind of barrier I was referring to. I was referring more to getting rid of the barrier(s) where we won't get to know (love, or at least like) someone simply because "they're different."

You mean like ethnicity, or gender, or socioeconomic, or age difference?

All of the above.

It'll never work.

Probably true but we can weed.

You mean like pot? You old hippie, but I have heard it can be a peace love and soul kinda thing.

Ha, well, that's not exactly what I meant, but I'm certainly not ruling out there may be benefits there - it's proven there are medicinal benefits, so yes, I guess that's one way to weed. I MORESO meant we gotta face reality. You know, the old "you can fool all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time.. yada" - but, by weed, I meant we can all work on making those (prejudicial) numbers shrink. We can't, will not, change everyone, but, we can try... So yes, kinda like you said "love, peace and soul."

So how do we do that? Like call a meeting? Write feature stories about people that are "different" to show they're 'normal folk' like you/me?

I suppose those ideas might help - but I was thinking along more simpler ways. Something as simple as a smile. Or "hello." Or, walking in that store, you see peripherally someone just behind you... it may/may not be a so called "different" somebody - but, simply waiting, holding the door. Courtesy.

OK, can try that, but Victor you ain't gonna get all the people to............

I KNOW I KNOW.. but, risking rose color glasses, if we just start with some simple things like smile, door held, pat on the back, handshake, idle chit chat - it can grow like a garden in May... One plant at a time.

I have a pretty short attention span, what'd you say?

Oh nevermind, just go, be nice, try not to judge.. when given a choice, smile at it.

OK Victor, I'll try. You sound like heap big preacher. ARE WE THERE YET?

NOT heap big preacher, I just happen to think nice, works, spreads, talks. We're not there yet, but let's weed our way through the year. Happy 2018.

You too you old hippie.

Love, Victurd

No comments: