Monday, January 22, 2018

Mark....... Set......... Whoa......

(With apologies to Carly.. I know, I know.. I'm so vain)

We can never know about the days to come
But we think about them anyway
And I wonder if I'm really with you now
Or just chasing after some finer day

Procrastination
Procrastination
Is making me wait
Is keeping me waiting

Retirement, I'm finding, is all about procrastination. Yesterday, I was sitting, staring at the gosh awful barren walls of this single man's one bedroom abode - and I thought about buying a vertical sign to put by the door: LIVE.

And another, just to the right of the door: GO... DO... You know Victor, all your old fart buddies remind you "If you don't move, you die."

Then I decided to go take a nap.

And I tell you how easy it is to be with you
And how right your arms feel around me
But I rehearsed those words just late last night
When I was thinking about how right tonight might be

Hey Carly, you changed this to 'coupledom'? That wasn't what I was looking for. I will say this about that: s'more procrastination. I ain't gots no 'relationship GPS'. Seems dead ends usually happen. When that happens, I pull into a driveway of someone I don't know, turnaround, and head the other direction. This is a recording. Victor, maybe you are so vain? Bite me.

Procrastination
Procrastination
Is making me wait
Is keeping me waiting

Then, I watched maybe the most powerful, motivational speech I've maybe ever seen... Pumped up.. I literally saw myself as Stallone running up whatever damn steps it was he ran up.... I ran to the computer thinking "I can be any damn thing I wanna be.. you know what? I'm gonna write a book.... YO ADRIAN? I'M GONNA WRITE A DAMN BOOK!"

I opened the word processor.. sat... and sat.. nuttin', I got nuttin'. Then, I went to the easy chair, played Sudoku until my eyes drooped, and... took a nap.

And tomorrow we might not be together
I'm no prophet
I don't know nature's way
So I'll try to see into your eyes right now
And stay right here
Cause these are the good old days

The "we" above, sure, could refer to a mate.. or.. writing a book... or, about going to the gym, doing 12,364 mountain climbers, 9,366 crunches, 12,072 laps around the weight machines.. getting rid of that damn belly fat... Then I thought:
Tomorrow, maybe I'll do all that tomorrow.

LIVE............. GO............ DO.........

Nah, not today - I'm retired. Maybe I will tomorrow.

Procrastination
Procrastination
Is making me wait
Is keeping me waiting

Do mice have plans? They must. They always say "Best laid plans of mice and men." (And, to stymie them, would you use a live trap or a smash 'em yuck trap?) I, personally, because I'm so vain, use the "smash 'em yuck trap" simply because they're manufactured by 'Victor.'

So... I Googled "Where did the saying 'Best laid plans of Mice and Men' come from... Google told me:

"No matter how carefully a project is planned, something may still go wrong with it. The saying is adapted from a line in "To a Mouse" by Robert Burns. "The best laid schemes of mice and men/Gang aft a-gley." I ain't gonna Google "Gang aft a-gley", I'm simply assuming it means "awry."

LIVE............. GO..............DO.............

Today? Nah, plans will just go awry. I'm thinking along the lines of a toasted ham, egg and cheese sandwich - then maybe a nap.

With advance apologies (for profanity) to any relatives that may wander by:

LIVE............ GO.............. DO..............

Nah, I think I'll do that shit tomorrow. I'm retired. I'm selfish. It'd just go awry anyways. I'm gonna lay down.........

Then maybe I'll do it.

Procrastination
Procrastination
Is making me wait
Is keeping me waiting

Victor, you're so damn vain.

Uh huh,
Love, Victurd

No comments: