Saturday, January 27, 2018

Umbrellas...........

We can never forget the rain....

Yesterday I shared a post someone had put up about the effects a bad boss has on a company and it's employees. I was really kinda taken back by the number of people who indicated they'd been 'touched' by that - and the names within - and figured EVEN MORE were, but, still in that situation making it impossible to comment.

We carry the umbrella, we stay dry, appear AOK, but we never forget the rain.

In thinking how many were/are in the same boat - I thought about many other life ills.

Health - perhaps there were/are some that couldn't even make it to the computer. Maybe been given a 'sentence', maybe won't go to the doc for fear of a sentence... maybe it's a daily struggle one's had to endure his/her entire life... Yes, dry, seemingly ok, but we must never forget the rain.

Grief... it's a lifelong thing, be it a best friend, mate, parent, grandparent, sibling, child. It's raining, we stay dry, but we never forget we're amidst the rain.

Self image. One bravely holds the umbrella, functions, stays dry - but it's a known inside it's felt "wet as can be, chilled, wish the goosebumps away so others will see as ok for: - 'he/she is dry, thank goodness.' "

Anger, perhaps along with the umbrella, one totes a torch under there... "Don't necessarily like carrying that torch, but - its' me, - I can't help it, I simply don't like much of this thing called life."

Well I hope one sees, acts. I write to me, for me, hitchhikers welcome. We must never lose track of the fact it's raining on many lives - we sadly sometimes learn 'after the fact' "Well I never would have guessed that about him/her." I think life is pretty simple. Everyone carries an umbrella - and whothehell among us knows to protect against what?

All people suffer some of the time. Some people suffer all of the time.

We must not forget it rains in people's lives - and the simplest of things (Calling to 'catch up', a text "You were on my brain, I love you!".. I've missed our conversations.".. An innocent "how are you?" A smile. A letter. A visit in person. An email sharing beautiful pictures, a fun saying, a funny story, a joke. Maybe even "how's your health?" <-- I had that asked of me a year ago, and I'd never had that asked of me before. I was briefly shocked, then, I realized the question was out of care, concern for/of me - and it truly did make me stop, think, and yes, even act - but maybe most importantly, I appreciated their genuine concern. I think, sure, each individual situation must be looked at before popping that question - but it truly did benefit me. Perhaps "how you feeling" instead? May be a good opener.

Care, concern, niceness - wonderful ways to duck one's head in under another's umbrella to see how they are truly doing - even in sunshine, nice weather.

I'm sorry - no attempts at humor today - a simple reminder we carry umbrellas, wear masks, force smiles - pride keeps one from asking for help occasionally - then allofasudden a wonderful person pops up/in - shows care, concern - it goes miles in effort to make it stop/deter the rain. Moreso even, than umbrellas.

Hug a loved one, hold their umbrella for/over them, maybe even peek in under, while we still can,

Victor

No comments: