Thursday, January 25, 2018

Say........

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools speak (or blog, ha) because they have to say something".... Plato

"Say, got any spare change?" Bum anon

"The cars we drive say a lot about us." Alexandra Paul (Hence, the title of this blog, har)

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony." Mahatma Ghandi (I wonder if this was going thru Mellencamp's brain when he suggested to Diane they run off behind a shady tree?)

"One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say." Bryant H. McGill (I'm really torn on this one, and I think it depends on the person speaking. If ya don't know 'em, reckon you give them a chance... if you really respect them, OF COURSE you listen intently. If one talks, ne'er to listen, that's poopy and you lose your train of thought. Victor? What were you saying? Ha.

"So long as the memory of certain beloved friends lives in my heart, I shall say that life is good." Helen Keller. (Helen, I really like that one.. High Five! No, over here. - Sorry!)

"Sometimes I wish that I could go into a time machine right now and just look at my self and say, "Calm down. Things are gonna be fine. Things are gonna be all great. Just relax." Tristan Wilds (I likes that, and how many of us have "been there?"... I've got a really good friend that consternates over her children - questioning her own parenting skills combined with prayer for her kids climbing [and slipping upon occasion] in life... I find comfort in that. Care/concern are usually coupled with good decision making.)

"Do as I say and not as I do." Said, sometimes even silently, by many of us. Being old affords many nifty things. One of my personal favs is to say "I HATE when old people give me advice BUT........" -> and this is where you explain to the whippersnappers you've been thru this, screwed it up, and you're simply trying to help them navigate thru the traffic cones of life, thus, do as I say and not as I do.

"At the end of the day, if I can say I had fun, it was a good day." Simone Biles. (Simone, after I read that, I looked back and there ain't one word with more than four letters - and with that in mind I'd like to reply "HOW COOL IS THAT?"... You build them suckers up, one day at a time - and life is good, really good. Thanks.

"When we adopt a dog or any pet, we know it is going to end with us having to say goodbye, but we still do it. And we do it for a very good reason. They bring so much joy and optimism and happiness. They attack every moment of every day with that attitude." Bruce Cameron (People are different, and of course we're afforded/entitled to our own opines. That said, you're either an animal lover or you ain't - which, to me, equates to you're either lucky or you ain't.)

"People always say that I didn't give up my seat because I was tired, but that isn't true. I was not tired physically.. No, the only tired I was, was tired of giving in." Rosa Parks (Thank you Rosa, one of the greatest, most impactive, past due moments of all time.)

"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves." Lao Tzu.
(Lao, immediately coming to my mind is a ten foot pole, as in, no touchy.)

"I am happy to say that everyone I have met in my life, I have gained something from them, be it negative or positive, it has enforced and reinforced my life in some aspect." Walter Payton (TOUCHDOWN Walter! My best friend, a bit more succinctly puts it "I am a part of all I have met.")

You say yes, I say no...
Say, say, say...
I just called to say I love you...
Kids say the darndest things..

Dinah usedta say "SEE.. THE.. USA.. IN YOUR CHEVROLET."
American folk song say "Someone's in the kitchen with Dinah."

George Burns, aside from saying "Sex at age 90 is like playing pool with a rope" usedto always say "Goodnight Gracie."

You say goodbye and I say hello.. hello hello.........

Love, Victurd








No comments: