Monday, November 01, 2010

Just the two of us..... Coupledom.. or lack thereof… or wish therefore….

I see the crystal raindrops fall
And the beauty of it all
when the sun comes shining through
To make those rainbows in my mind
When I think of you some time
And I want to spend some time with you

I was sitting here, lightbulb went off. Thought “whatthehell could be happening, how would things be different if I/we were “coupledom” (insteada asking one’s self when noisely awakened ‘round midnight “the HELL was that noise?”)…

We could… break bread together.. yeah, that’s cool. “You cooked last night, lemme cook tonight.” Outstanding. TWO PAYCHECKS. Hell yeah. Benefit$. Some’a your check, some’a mine. And a bit leftover. To….. mebbe go see a movie? Sure, two reviews beat the hell outta one… “Hey, you’re zipper’s down” (would never happen if I were by my lonesome.)

Just the two of us
We can make it if we try
Just the two of us
Just the two of us
Building castles in the sky
Just the two of us
You and I
We look for love, no time for tears
Wasted waters's all that is
And it don't make no flowers grow
Good things might come to those who wait
Not to those who wait to late
We got to go for all we know

“You drink, I’ll drive, it’s all good.”.. Farm out… “You take (this kid) to (that place) and I’ll take (the other one) to the other place.” Nice. Works…… “No, I really don’t think that goes together… howabout that (pretty purple top/nifty brown sweater) that you’ve got?”.. Yeah, lotsa stuff TWO can do better than one.

I hear the crystal raindrops fall
On the window down the hall
And it becomes the morning dew
Darling, when the morning comes
And I see the morning sun
I want to be the one with you

CONVERSATION! Shit, how many lame ‘by yourself times” have you had since… well.. since then… Hell, would beat a cat’s meow, a dog’s bow wow… We could even text, or have each other on speed dial, email, IM. A calming voice on the other end, eh?... Your day/my day, how they each went.. nice… No more talking to one’s self in the commute, wondering half aloud “Am I crazy?”…

Just the two of us
We can make it if we try
Just the two of us
Just the two of us
Building big castles way on high
Just the two of us
You and I
Just the two of us
Let's get together, baby
Just the two of usWe can make it
Just the two of us
We can make it
Just the two of us
Just the two of us we can make it

Ok, trying to thinka other reasons.. Three-legged race? YEAH! GOOD ONE.. What else?.. You know, when you got that itch, and the damn arm JUST can’t quite reach it.. YES YES YES!... Crick in the neck? Sore calves? Pups?.. Sure, extra set’a hands always helps. Her friends, your friends – sure.. Mo’ to do… Mo’ options…

Aw come on, surely there’s more things ‘coupledom’ can do? YEAH, you’re RIGHT!.. Swimming, canoeing, working out.. Pillow fight… board games.. video games.. bowling… karaoke… yoga… fondue.. plane ride.. rock concert… picnic in the park….

Ok. That’s it. Think I about summed up the ALL the things two can do versus one. Eh? Did I miss something? Leave something out? This was a quickie, you know, written in my car during my lunch hour. If you can thinka something I missed, PLEASE lemme know…….

I’ll be sitting here by the dashboard lights waiting.
Come to think of it, coupledom would/could be paradise. Just the two of us.. Love, Victurd

1 comment:

misty said...

It's nice to have a person to check you for ticks, seriously, there's places you can't do it - get your head outta ur ass, I mean your scalp!! :-)