Sunday, November 14, 2010

A disgrace to embrace?

Loving life……

Last blog thingy I did was basically in jest. Sure, life hands us the ‘downs’, it’s seemingly how one reacts to that – and I kinda-sorta with tongue in cheek, mebbe kinda-sorta periodically not with tongue in cheek wrote - and – lovingly received the following guidance: “you need a hobby”… and… “Find the joy in life, and embrace it.”

So, again, I blog to myself, hitchhikers welcome… a brief diddy on why I DO love life.

I love motion. Mine. Others. Athletes. Animals. Regular people, not so regular people. Old folks, young folks.

I love emotion. Many, many an occasion I get choked up over something perty cool. Usedta bug me – no more. I have come to recognize “feel good” is way OK, and if includes tearing up, momentarily being unable to talk: far out.

I love devotion. Sure, religion, but moreso – family. Loved ones. Coworkers. Bosses. Favorite athletic teams. Child, children.

I am in awe of the wisdom of some folks, especially my elders. Once admittedly hardheaded – now I’m all ears in listening to advice, suggestion. Life, in and of itself, is a learning thing – yet I’m so thankful for the many that have ‘educated me’ in the various aspects of life. Some by example, some by suggestion. Some, simply by opting not to do something "agin’ their morals."

I love laughter. Some may say “too light”, nomme. “Fun” should be “work”. Out with friends, buddies, playing softball, the smiles should way overtake dead seriousness (whilst still staying on task, staying “in the game”, etc.)

Sure, I miss romance – but I drive on the highway of belief “I’ve yet to be in the most wonderful relationship I’ve ever been in.” If for some reason that doesn’t happen, I don’t worry because I’ve “made” some wonderful “folds” above either side of my mouth/nose, from having/leading a smiley life.

I love “beliefs”. Older I get, quicker I am to yap, speak my peace if I see/hear the contrary. Set in my ways? Mebbe. I prefer to think of it as convictions. Like, the good treatment of people, animals. I would not hesitate to let a higher up (or fellow worker) know “I thought you treated that person really poorly.” I firmly believe, right is right.

I love passion. About whatever. Facebook is full of passion. It’s a springboard for it. May not always agree, but I respect all folks for their passion about whatever it is they are passionite about. Religion. Politics. Even Farmville.

I love to eat, drink, breathe, laugh, play, hear stories, tell stories, see reactions, react. I love all folks, no matter the dollar (or lack thereof) in their pocket, their position (or lack thereof), their religious beliefs (or non-belief), their color, their homeland, their whatever.

Embrace is/was a wonderful suggestion. If only only folks knew how much I do so embrace life.

Honest, the corners of my mouth are virtually pointed upward 24/7. In the rare moments they ain’t, I’d happily stand on my head! Paraphrasing Al “I played high school football” Bundy, “I still play softball!” I COULD still stand on my head if needed.

Have a blessed day, I’m gonna, inspitea the every day trials/tribulations – I embrace life wholeheartedly.

Love, Victurd.

No comments: