Wednesday, November 24, 2010

GivingThanks…..

I am thankful for much: Sure, family/friends. Other stuff too.

The big ole moon on the horizon just after dusk.. Fritos… Smiles pointed at me. Smiles, pointed at others. The eyeballs behind the mask, outstretched hands, of the 3’ tall trick-or-treater…

The personalities of dogs… the whimsical ways of cats.. Facebook, the “Directory Assistance” of present day for connecting with friends from yesteryear..

Sports.. rivalries.. the banter associated therein.. Remote control.. Mute.. Cubicle walls.. Coffee.. Walking into McDonalds virtually every morning, seeing the smiling face, and my $2.80 order already rang up by the time I reach the register..

Newspaper.. Surfing.. Sudoku.. Solitaire.. Sticky notes.. Copy and paste.. a “fun” email in my inbox.. a sent, “fun” email..

Things from leftfield.. a handshake.. a “hi”.. giving/receiving “five”.. Summer.. Spring.. Fall… (gulp), Winter.. My car battery.. Blankets, comforters, house-slippers..

Dryer sheets.. my portable razor.. blank Word docs… backspacing.. correction tape.. the DJ who keeps me in stiches on the way to work… the DJ who seemingly has the same taste in music that makes my drive home cinchy…

Thankful that I can still think, talk, write, hear, see, feel..

Pecan pie.. Butterfingers.. Burnt ends.. The “like” button.. my debit card.. pay at the pump.. caller ID.. rain, snow, lightning, thunder from indoors.. sunshine, out in it..

The men and women of our armed forces.. Freedom.. Peace.. People my age.. people that are older.. people that are younger.. fraternity brothers.. coworkers, present/past.. even Bortko’s trivia games..

Youtube.. CD’s.. PDF’s, TIFF’s, JPEG’s..

Personalities – and the differences therein.. strong beliefs, and the respect to disagree/agree.. fervor.. love.. that feeling inside where something makes me emotionally “well up”, and then I remember “geesh, I’m 58”… and then I remember, who gives a crap, I’ll well up whenever I wanna well up and THANK GOD I FEEL!

Space heaters.. furnaces.. faucets.. mirrors (mosta the time)..

Hugs, kisses, backrubs.. Sneaking under the covers upon conclusion of the fun day, saying a prayer – and awakening some hours later – thankful to do it allover again.

I am thankful for all of my yesterdays, the joy, people, places, things, inventions within.. I anxiously look forward to what tomorrow brings.. I am thankful for that hope.

(Here’s where I close my eyes.. give thought to my mother, father, sister, grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncles,friends – gone.. to remind myself how precious life is – hopefully making it that much easier to ward off the “yuck” ‘cause we just don’t know how long the wonderful will last.)

Happy Thanksgiving.. Love, Victurd..

No comments: